Chpt 39

"Oh my god!" Hermione gasped.

"What is it?" Harry asked from somewhere just out of my sight. I heard the two of them enter the room and watched as Hermione appeared first and then Harry.

"Is that...?" He began. I saw Hermione nod.

"Professor?" She asked kneeling next to me, having skilfully avoided the vomit on the carpet. I couldn't do anything while I was stunned so I had to sit silently.

"Maybe she passed out?" Harry offered.

"I don't think so Harry..." Hermione sounded unsure.

"Hermione I know that you love the teachers here and all but we have to hurry up, Sirius is in trouble."

"I know Harry but we still don't know if what you saw was real-"

"-Hermio-"

"-She could help us, if anyone would know where Sirius was it would be her."

"Hermione, you have to understand,  I know what I saw." He sounded worried. I tried to move or make some noise but I just couldn't, it was like being stuck in a cube of ice.

"Sirius!" I called mentally. I probably would have been on the verge of tears but I couldn't do that either. There was no reply and I tried again but still nothing, fortunately I could feel the spell wearing off.

"Harry..." I muttered, barely able to move my lips so the sound didn't come out right but Hermione heard.

"Harry did you hear that?" But he had his head stuck in the fireplace. She moved back in front of me and knelt down in front of me "Help me." I murmured. She frowned and pushed back my hair so she could see my face, I managed to blink. "Harry she's awake." I could hear footsteps outside the room and tried to tell them that someone was coming but I still couldn't speak very well. Umbridge walked in and I pretended to be completely stunned, even though I could feel my fingers and my big toe twitch.

"And what are you two doing?" She asked, eyebrow raised and hands on her hips. Harry's friends were dragged into the room by some other students that I couldn't see properly because of my hair. "Who were you talking to Mr Potter?" I shivered slightly as I got the feeling to the rest of my body; she paused to look at me then glared back at Harry.

"Mr Potter do you know what happens to people when they don't do as I say?"

I extended my fangs and tried to shift without drawing attention. "Mr Potte,r I ask again who where you trying to contact?"

"No-one." He said.

"Stop lying!" She screamed and slapped him. Snape walked in again and she looked up. "Ah Severus, did you bring the Veritaserum?" She asked.

"No unfortunately you used the last of it on this one." He gestured to me and I saw a glint of something in his eyes.

"Well, thank you anyway Severus." She said spitefully, waving him off.

"No matter the Cruciatus Curse should loosen your tongue," she said quietly once Snape had left the room.

"Dolores don't," I whispered, she turned her head sharply and pulled my head back by the hair to look up at her. "And why shouldn't I?" She asked dangerously.

"Because Hermione can tell you..." I muttered, looking at a stunned Hermione.

"She...She's right Harry we should tell her." Thinking on her feet she looked guiltily down at the floor. "Tell me what?!" She questioned in a high pitch.

"About Dumbledores' secret weapon," she replied, "But we need Professor Carmichael to get there." She finished looking intently at me for some clue of what to do.

"Alright then..." The toady woman said, releasing me and pulling me to my feet. "We'll be back shortly," She began bustling me out of their room.

"Wait... Professor, you're going to need me and Harry to show you where it is." Hermione pointed out politely.

"And why ever would that be?"

"Because I don't know where it is, only how to use it." I pointed out, she paused and took a long time to take that in, then with a great heave of her large bosom, she nodded and pushed the three of us out the door and down to the dark forest.