The Final Countdown

Doing as well as I had, I feared the worst. I couldn't imagine losing, not with everything out here on the line like this.

After me, only five girls had to perform, then another ten minutes were needed for Korea to vote. A nervous analyst conjured inside of me, incorrectly attempting to count the number of minutes I had to wait. Thirty? Forty? No, I think it was much more like twenty. That was even worse. If I could prolong this waiting forever, I'd be perfectly content.

I couldn't of course, so I found myself rerunning my performance in my head until it was time.

My head was rattling, my heart was pounding. I've never felt this sick.

In fourth was Moon Byul-yi. A rapper.

In third, Hwa Sa, a beauty. I'd never performed with her, but she could make the audience go crazy with a stare. She'd always placed high, so I wasn't confused.

Second was also no surprise. It was Solar, the girl with the angel voice. A sweet personality to match and a smile that the audience would die for.

Of course, there was a commercial break before we'd find out who was in fifth and first. I had lost faith, I knew it wouldn't be me now. I did not place first.

But back from commercial, my breath had immediately hitched.

"Jung Whee In and Park Ji Su, please step forward." As I did, it was telling - Ji Su had placed before me in every scenario, this wouldn't be any different. I had come in fifth, close, but just not quite. There was just no way.

"Jung Whee In, please step forward." I was anxious, unable to breathe now. I had lost to the bully, and it was time to accept my fate.

"Congratulations, you've become the first ever 101 Champion!" I burst into tears of obvious shock, "Do Korea proud." I couldn't even believe it. I didn't know what to say or do. I had won, I had won!

I.

Had.

Won.