"Crap..."

When we arrived at her house, no one was home, just like usual. I guess I never thought much of that fact. I quickly laid her down on her bed, Dawn grunting softly at the exchange. I then searched her bathroom and kitchen for aspirin and finally found it in a draw just next to her silverware. I found a bunch of plastic water bottles in her pantry. I took both and set them on the bedside, unsure of how bad her hangover would be. This was her first experience with alcohol, I'm assuming, and she was a serious lightweight, so I wasn't going to take any chances.

I made my way to the exit of the room, shutting the light off, but before I left, the girl mumbled, "Paul?"

I turned and replied with a quiet, "Yes?"

"Please stay, it's so lonely here." It was mumbled but audible. I thought the choice over. Why couldn't I stay? Reggie wouldn't care, I had nothing to do the next day, I was wearing comfortable clothing, and I could help her deal with her first hangover...

I sat down on the bed, the blunette was out cold, facing away from my side. I sat quietly looking at texts and tweets on my phone.

~X~

Some time had passed and the girl was softly snoring. She was facing towards me now, probably because I was another source of heat and the room was incredibly cold. Her right arm was reaching for the pillow, and grazed my elbow. But something felt weird. It was rough, and quite patchy.

Her arm was outstretched closer to me now. I took my thumb and grazed it. It was patchy everywhere. Dark red scabs of deep lines were all over her arm. I traced over them.

What were these? Were they cuts? Is this what Dawn does to herself? Was she depressed or angry? Why was she doing this?? A million questions formed in my head, and I breathed heavily unsure of the answers.

The girl winced at my actions and sleepily sounded, "Nani?" She sheepishly looked up, "Paul? What are you doing here?"

"You asked me to stay, remember?" I muttered, deeply embarrassed.

"Oh..." The girl moved her hand closer to herself, and snuggled up closer to my chest. I blushed deeply, this was so embarrassing.

"Crap..." I muttered deeply.