CHAPTER TWENTY: Two as One

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

CONTENT WARNING:  This chapter contains a detailed sex scene.  If you are not comfortable with that, you can skip to Chapter 21.  Chapter 21 also contains an intimate scene, but it is short and not as descriptive.  

SHOUT OUT to wa02guy for extensive help with writing/editing this chapter.  It was new and slightly uncomfortable territory for me, and I am forever grateful for his insight and assistance!  Definite co-author credits to him on this one!  

***********************************************************************************************

"Lyn, are you sure?" Eli asked, searching her eyes.

Lyn swallowed, then nodded her head. "Just be kind. Please." She shrugged timidly with a slight smile.

Eli pulled her into his arms and looked deep into her eyes. "I promise to always be kind to you," he whispered.

He bent his head, tenderly pressing his lips to hers. Lyn slid her hands up his arms and over his shoulders, caressing the back of his neck as she returned his kiss. Her tongue pushed gingerly against his lips. He responded eagerly, opening his mouth and entwining his tongue with hers.

Eli held her head firmly in his hands as his mouth left her lips, trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck. He sucked gently, pulling the tender skin of her neck into his mouth, causing her to gasp in pleasure and surprise as she gripped his shoulders tightly.

Eli's hands moved from her neck up into her hair; he loved how the soft, blonde tendrils curled around his fingers. He pressed his mouth against her neck just below her earlobe and breathed in the intoxicating mix of scents that was Lyn ... vanilla and jasmine. His strong arms held her firmly as he slowly walked her backward toward the bed. Lyn's eyes widened and she inhaled sharply when she felt the soft edge of the bed press against the back of her knees.

Eli paused at her apparent hesitation. "Okay?" he asked gruffly, trying to read her eyes.

Lyn nodded as she gasped for breath and pulled his head back down to hers to kiss him again. The taste and feel of his lips against hers was exhilarating, and she craved it desperately. Eli's hands slid down her sides, grasping the bottom edge of her shirt. He slowly lifted her shirt up, his fingertips lightly sweeping against her skin, leaving goosebumps in their wake as he inched higher. She raised her arms as he slid the shirt up over her head and tossed it to the floor. Lyn blushed and bit her lip anxiously as his eyes settled on her chest.

"I told you. Beautiful," he murmured as he wrapped his arms behind her, gripping her shoulders as he leaned her back, then bent his head and kissed the tender skin over her breastbone. Lyn moaned softly and arched her back instinctively, pushing her chest toward him as she entwined her fingers in his hair.

Eli lifted his head, taking a moment to just look at her as he gently rested his hands on her waist, his thumbs slowly sliding back and forth over the smooth skin of her stomach. She wasn't just beautiful, she was sensual. Passionate. Captivating. Sexy as hell.

He slid his right hand up from her stomach, caressing her breast over her bra. Lyn sucked in a breath and closed her eyes. His thumb brushed against her nipple through the thin fabric of her bra. Lyn's eyes flew open and she cried out softly, tipping her head back with a breathy moan.

"Eli..." she whispered.

Damn. Eli groaned deeply. The way his name fell from her lips in that sensual whisper was incredibly arousing. He grasped her head in his hands, kissing her passionately. His mouth continued its exploration of hers as his hands slid behind her, unclasping her bra.