CHAPTER SIXTEEN: You. Are. Beautiful.

Lyn sighed happily. She couldn't remember it, but she must have had a really good dream. She felt so warm and secure, like being wrapped in a cozy blanket. She slowly opened her eyes. There was a fire dancing in the fireplace. Outside the windows, the sky was an odd color.

What time is it? How long was I asleep? She shifted slightly and startled as her hand brushed against a strong, muscular arm wrapped around her.

"Oh!" she gasped.

She twisted her head to look up and saw Eli smiling down at her. She quickly sat up.

"Eli. I... I didn't mean to... I'm sorry." She tucked her hair behind her ear nervously. Her neck and cheeks were ablaze.

Eli gently squeezed her hand. "No worries. Thanks for warming me up." He winked at her. He hesitated a moment, then dropped his gaze. "It was nice," he mumbled softly.

"Goodness, how long was I asleep?" Lyn asked as she sat up and reached for her phone. 7 am! What?

"Eli! We slept there all night?" Lyn stared at him with wide, rounded eyes. "I really am sorry. You should have woken me up! I can't believe I did that." She shakily placed a hand over her mouth.

Eli smiled and gently pulled her hand down. "I told you, no worries. You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb you. I didn't mind at all. Honestly. Now stop worrying."

His stomach rumbled, causing him to stop and laugh. "Do you think there's any food in this place?" he asked.

Lyn gratefully took advantage of the change in topic. "I'm not sure. I think Julie said she keeps it stocked with some non-perishable things. I don't think there's anything in the refrigerator, but maybe we can find something in the pantry."

She quickly walked through the kitchen and into the walk-in pantry. After scanning a few shelves, she found some pancake mix and syrup. She called to Eli in the other room.

"We've got pancakes! Does that sound okay?"

"Sounds delicious!" Eli called back.

When Lyn returned to the kitchen, she stopped as she saw Eli standing in the middle of the kitchen wearing an apron. She doubled over in laughter.

Eli spun around. "What do you think? I found it hanging on the wall. Shall we cook something up, Lyn?"

Lyn was still laughing as she shook her head. "The color matches your eyes, Mr. Colton. Come on, let's get started on those pancakes."

---

They were just finishing eating breakfast when Lyn's head suddenly shot up, her eyes wide. "Eli! Weren't you supposed to shoot today? They're going to think I abducted you ... again."

Eli smiled. "Don't worry. I messaged Rob last night..." He leaned toward her, his lip curving in a sideways grin as he continued... "while you were sleeping." His eyes danced with amusement as a pink wave spread across her cheeks.

He cleared his throat softly before continuing. "Shooting has been postponed due to the weather – and my unexpected absence. Since it's also close to the weekend, and they could use the extra time to implement the new security measures, they decided to close the set for a few more days. I have three whole days off."

He looked down. "So, I was wondering... how long do we have this cabin? Could we maybe stay here a few days?"

Lyn coughed, nearly choking on her pancake. "You want to stay here?"

ThunderSnowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें