"How much longer till we head out?" Hilda whined.

"We'll be heading out shortly," Professor Oak said as he turned to see Red, Leaf, Ethan, and Lyra walking towards them ready to go.

Mira became a little emotional as she realized how much Ethan had grown up. It seemed like just yesterday he was playing in the sandbox with Lyra and the wild pokemon and now he was a young man with a girlfriend and long career ahead of him. His parents would be so proud if they could see him now. "Oh Ethan I am so proud," Mira said as she hugged him with a teary-eyed smile.

Jack joined in too, though he kept his emotions in check to spare Ethan more embarrassment. Ethan did feel a little embarrassed getting the mushy family treatment in front of everyone else but he let it slide. It wasn't like he understood how they were feeling. "I love you guys," he said.

Pretty soon all the other CITs had arrived, some were way overpacked for an overnight trip. Bunch of noobs. Professor Oak decided to get things going, "Alright everyone, this is it. This is your overnight trip. You'll be taking a 10-mile hike up the mountain to your campsite where you'll have to brave the elements on your own. You won't have me or any of the counselors to help you out 'cause this a big step in your growth at this camp. It will require the utmost trust in each other and your pokemon. Any questions?"

The CITs were silent, they were completely ready and excited for this. "Alright then, load up and have a great day!" said Professor Oak.

Everyone got on the bus ready to go; Hilbert was the one driving the bus, Hilda sat in the seat behind him, and Rosa and Nate sat in the seat next to hers. Hilda ended up with one of the CITs sitting next to her and he made it blatantly obvious that he was checking her out. The amorous expression on his face was not helping matters either. Hilda gave him a terrifying glare, "You try anything on me and you'll be going up that mountain in a body cast," she threatened.

A cold shiver ran down the boy's spine and he scooted away from her. He looked up at the driver, luckily, Hilbert didn't seem to notice. He would really be in for it if he did.

With everyone on the bus, Hilbert closed the door and sped off. Professor Oak, Mira, and Jack watched them with sad smiles on their faces. "I can't believe Ethan is going to be a counselor," Mira said getting teary-eyed again.

"Today they're counselors, tomorrow they're leaders and champions," said Jack.

"I have no doubt they will be fantastic whatever happens. They're already such wonderful souls," said Professor Oak.

xxxxx

Everyone was left to their own devices as they were driven to the base of the mountain. Blue was seated next to a pretty black-haired girl and he wasted no time using his charm to try and win her over. The girl actually bought into his charms and moved closer to him as they talked.

Red and Leaf were talking as per usual with Leaf laying her head on Red's shoulder. "I've never camped with other people before. This should be interesting," said Red.

"I wouldn't expect much to happen unless somebody snuck some alcohol up the mountain," Leaf said, "Maybe some truth or dare if people get bored."

"Oh please no..." Red sighed remembering how the last game of truth or dare went.

"I wouldn't be too worried. You wouldn't have to participate, you and I could just spectate."

She had a point. "I guess we could just watch everyone else suffer. Personally, if it's a full moon tonight then I'd like to explore."

Leaf imagined her and Red walking around looking at the beautiful landscape and the legions of hills and valleys below. "You know what? I like that idea a lot more," she said dreamily.