I let out an exhale. Kingsley had no idea how much those words meant to me. I had barely had a good night's rest worrying and thinking. I thought I was going to die of worry, that my father might have sent her away. Looked like he had a change of heart, looked like he was too focused trying to clean up the mess I had created the day before, to even worry about her.

"Thank you man."

"Nah, it's nothing." Kingsley told me. "I just wished you could tell me what's going on. What's this about?Who is that woman and why do you want to find her so badly?"

I frowned.

"You promised not to ask questions."
I reminded him. No one could know my family's most priced secret. No one could know the truth about me. I had already caused enough trouble as it was, if the truth about me came out, my family was going to lose a lot, and I knew my mother was going to get hurt in the end. Kingsley exhaled, and then raised his hands in the air slightly.

"Okay, fine. I won't ask." He told me. "So what now? What are you going to do with all of this?"

I pushed the paper back into the envelope, and then closed it. I pouted.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" He asked me. I nodded.

"So you're not going to talk about what happened last night?"

I looked at him for a while, pretending not to know what he was talking about. Kingsley lowered his brows, looking into my eyes for a short second like he was trying to read them. I turned back to the envelope.

"Why did you do it?" He asked me. "Why did you do that to Oma and your father yesterday? Why did you kiss that girl from young money, that you hated?"

Why did I kiss that girl?

How on earth was I going to explain the fact that I was drunk, and was going through a phase that night? That I was just hungry for a payback, and had to used Kora for that payback, without having to explain why I was upset in the first place? Without having to tell him the truth? I shrugged my shoulders. I honestly didn't want to talk about it.

"Well then are the rumors true?" He continued. "Do you really like that girl? Are the things you said yesterday true? Was she really the reason you broke up with Oma?"

I looked at him again. Kingsley knew better. He knew how much I loved to keep my business personal, and didn't like to talk about it much. He knew how I hated to explain the decisions I made, and most of all, he knew how I hated it when people threw a lot of questions in my face.

"Come on man, if not for anything, you owe me an explanation at least."

I know Kingsley just wanted to be there for me as a friend, even though I rather he wasn't, but he did have a point, I did owe him an explanation for helping me find Mum.

"At least tell me you both are in some sort of a relationship, and what you did yesterday was justified, because a lot of crazy things are about to happen to that girl, if you aren't. If you just used her for some sort of clout."

I exhaled loudly, and then paused, hoping that Kingsley could succeed in reading me, because I was really bad at explaining things. He gasped.

"You have got to be kidding me." He understood. "Bro, what on earth did you do?"

"I don't know, Kingsley. I don't know what happened, I don't know what came over me. I just know I did what I had to do."

"You did what you had to do? Bro you practically just ruined that girl's life. Her entire school year." He told me. "Have you checked the news lately? The internet is blowing up." How on earth was I going to have access to any of those, when I was trapped in there, and all my gadgets, confiscated by my amazing father. I mean, I expected everyone to get crazy about what happened last night, but not the way Kingsley was making it sound.