That Bastard

Jungkook starts Taehyung's car while frowning to himself.

Everytime Taehyung says that the two of them are just friends, all Jungkook could feel is a sharp pain in his chest.

Why does it hurt so much? Jungkook wonders to himself.

Sure, Jungkook is aware that everything between the two boys is nothing but platonic. They aren't romantically involved in any sort of way.

As hard as it is for Jungkook to admit, he has still not moved on from Taehyung. His unrequited crush. The only person he has liked since the past two years.

Taehyung notices the sudden change of mood in the younger. A few minutes ago, Jungkook was hard to catch hold of. But, ever since meeting Jimin, the younger's mood has been off.

There is an eerie silence in the car while the two boys are lost in their own thoughts.

Jungkook, on one hand, wonders as to why such small things hurt him when it comes to Taehyung. He hates the feeling of being unrequited. He hated how Taehyung has randomly walked into his life after two years of abandoning each other's presence. After two years of drifting so far apart. He hates the butterflies that had erupted in his stomach when Taehyung had held his waist.

Or, probably he is just lying to himself.

Probably he is thankful for the older to come back into his life. He loved the feeling of Taehyung's long, slender fingers draped on his waistline. He loved feeling light-headed when he is with Taehyung. He loves letting the wild side of him out when he is around Taehyung.

His cheeks flush a little at the memory of Taehyung's hand on his waist. He continues to drive the car to his house with a small smile playing on his lips. He is grateful that it's dim inside for the younger is still blushing at the memory and is afraid that Taehyung might catch him red-handed— or rather, red-faced.

Taehyung on the other hand, sneaks glances at the younger. Back in the parking lot, he had noticed the younger being caught off guard by Jimin's statement and Taehyung's hand on his waist.

Taehyung had always had this sneaking suspicion that the younger was attracted to him but he has never been so sure about it until now. He smiles to himself knowing that Jungkook feels something more than just a friendly feeling towards him. He then furrows his eyebrows.

Why am I happy about this? He asks himself.

Before they even realize, Jungkook parks in the driveway of his house, breaking away from his own thoughts. He switches off the engine and places the key inside his pocket. He walks out of the car as Taehyung turns back to get the grocery bags. He struggles to get outside as his hands are full.

Jungkook laughs and helps the older by opening the passenger door. Taehyung stumbles out and mumbles a small 'Thank you'.

He hands Jungkook three grocery bags while he carries the other three. They stumble up to Jungkook's doorstep. Jungkook, once again, bangs his fist against the door to wake his sleeping mother.

Mrs.Jeon opens with a frown. "I swear to the solar system and back if anyone else bangs their fist against this goddamn door, I'm going to throw them into the river!" She gives an empty threat, letting her son and his friend in. The two boys laugh and walk into the kitchen to place the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. Mrs.Jeon walks in, still frowning.

As Jungkook begins to unload the items from the grocery bags, Mrs.Jeon stops him. "Don't bother. I'll do it tomorrow."

"But-"

"Leave." She orders pointing her pointer finger towards the door. Jungkook pouts while Taehyung tries to stifle a laugh.

Jungkook walks over to his mother and hands her the remaining money. "I might come back home a little late. Probably after midnight. Please, don't get mad at me," he begs.