Grocery Shopping

"So, where are you taking me now?" Taehyung says, fixing his seat belt.

"To the grocery store that is close to my house," Jungkook answers as he starts up the engine.

Taehyung gives him a skeptical look. Jungkook notices the other boy judging him. "Grocery shopping is fun, okay? Besides, since we have an entire night ahead of ourselves, a little grocery shopping isn't going to hurt you," Jungkook says, running his slender fingers through his hair.

"Exactly! We have an entire night ahead of ourselves and you want me to buy vegetables with you!" Taehyung argues, making the younger roll his eyes at how dramatic Taehyung could be. 

"Look, I would have to go with my Mom for grocery shopping tomorrow, and as much as I love my Mom, shopping for groceries with her is so boring. But, you and I? We belong to the same age group. It would be so much more better if I do it with you. So, at the end of the day, we get to have fun and I get to help my Mom," Jungkook explains on their way to Jungkook's house. 

Taehyung pouts in defeat, knowing very well that the younger isn't going to change his mind. "Sure. Buying vegetables is so fun," he grumbles to himself. 

Jungkook ignores the dissatisfied boy's comment and continues to drive. Soon enough, they reach Jungkook's house. "We're here!" Jungkook exclaims, coming to a stop. 

"Yay," Taehyung says in a not so excited voice.

"Oh come on! Get over yourself already. Your 'cool guy' endeavor isn't at stake just because you're going to shop for grocery items. Every woman loves a man who does the grocery shopping. So, it's like a chick magnet too. See? killing two birds with one stone," Jungkook says, desperately trying to stop the older from sulking.

Taehyung groans. "Yeah, man, whatever. Just go get the list or whatever," he says in a cold tone.

Jungkook's smile wavers for a second before he gets out of the car. "Do you want to come in?" He asks. "I mean, it has been years since you've ever stepped into my house," he says, looking everywhere but at Taehyung.

Taehyung smiles at that. "Sure! I would love that! I mean, it has been a while since I've got a hug from your Mom. She was really good at that. Kinda miss her for that." He smiles, reminiscing the time when he was still best friends with Jungkook.

Taehyung leans over to switch the engine off and puts his car keys into his pocket before getting out of the car. He trails behind Jungkook and waits for his Mother to open the door. As seconds passed by, the younger grew impatient. Soon, he begins to bang his fist against the door.

He is greeted by his extremely annoyed Mother. "Why don't any of you remember that the spare key is kept under the goddamn carpet?!" she yells in irritation.

Jungkook and Taehyung laugh at the woman's endearing anger, which does nothing but annoy her, if possible, more. "What do you want, Gguk?" She asks, without have a care in inviting her son and his friend inside.

"Let me enter, Woman!" Jungkook exclaims, still laughing.

She rolls her eyes, but steps aside for the two boys to enter. "Hello, Taehyung," she says and bows to him. Taehyung reciprocates the greeting and gives her a warm smile. 

Before she could ask him or her son anything, Taehyung asks, "Can I get a hug? I miss your hugs! I swear to God, you give the best hugs!"

Mrs.Jeon laughs kindly, but complies to the younger's request nonetheless. He wraps his long arms around the woman as she runs her fingers through his silver locks. As they continue to hug, Jungkook grows imaptient by the second. "Um...hello? I exist? I need some attention too." He pouts.