The only star that matters

Taehyung could feel the tension in the air. An ominous silence ensues. To keep himself busy, he strokes the fur of the cat, the soft fur of the cat calming his nerves. Something's wrong with Jungkook and the Older can sense that. 

And, the reason was probably him. 

He, then, does the one thing one should not do when Jungkook is upset. He speaks.

"Kook?"

Jungkook doesn't respond, his jaw only tightens.

"Kookie?" Taehyung tries again, panic rising in his chest.

"What do you want?" Jungkook snaps, his usually squeaky voice an octave deeper.

Damn that was hot, Taehyung thinks to himself.

The older looks at Jungkook cautiously. "I'm bored. Talk to me."

Jungkook goes silent for a minute. He closes his eyes for a brief moment and takes a deep breath before opening them back again as he is driving. "I'm tired. Don't wanna talk," he excuses himself. 

Taehyung nods and looks out of the window as he continues to pet the sleeping cat. If he isn't going to talk, then I'll make him, the older thinks, a small smile playing on his lips. 

"What are you going to do with the cat?" he, then, asks.

Jungkook sighs, he is never going to give up.

"I don't know. Maybe you can take her home?" he asks, completely uninterested in the conversation. The boy just needed some time to himself, his only companion being his thoughts. Just him and his thoughts. That's it. 

"I can't," Taehyung says, "I already have a pet."

Jungkook sighs, "Well, then, I would have to take her home. We can't just leave her like this."

"But, what about your Mom? Will she comply?" Taehyung questions with a frown.

"But, what if she says no?" the younger asks more to himself than Taehyung as though he was having a dilemma. There was a sudden change in his tone. A tone of desperation.

"Why don't you find out yourself? Call her," Taehyung suggests with a big flat smile.

Jungkook turns his head to look at Taehyung for a brief second before pulling over at the side of the road. He pulls his phone out and excitedly searches through his contacts to find his mother's caller id. Once he did, he calls her up, pressing his phone against his ear, impatiently waiting for her to pick up the call. 

"Hello?" his mother says groggily from the other end.

"Eomma! The only woman I love!" Jungkook starts, his voice chirpy; a complete contrast to what it was a few minutes ago.

"What do you want?" his mother asks groggily.

"Well that's no way to talk to someone," he says, further annoying his mother. 

"Child," Mrs. Jeon begins, "I get one day off from being a mother. And, you don't even let me enjoy that day. Stop this torture," she pleads.

Jungkook smiles at his mother's dramatic pleas. "I'm so sorry," the boy apologizes. He. then, continues, "So...I found a kitten. And she doesn't have a home. Can we adopt her? Please?" he pleads with his mother, hoping she would comply.

Mrs.Jeon lets out a heavy sigh on the other end, "Just bring the damn creature home, we'll keep her in the garden for the night and take it to the vet for a vaccine," she says, giving in to her son's pleas, for all she would like to do now is sleep and not put up with her teenage son's bratty self.