Memories

"Good Evening, Sir. Welcome to Baskin Robin's," the man behind the counter greets Taehyung and then, Jungkook right after. Taehyung and Jungkook give a small smile and a shy wave, respectively.

"So? What would you like to order?" The man asks, smiling.

Taehyung and Jungkook look down at the different Ice cream flavours, their mouths watering at the sight of the variety of flavours.

Taehyung orders a large cone of Mint Chocolate Ice cream. Jungkoo, on the other hand, orders a large cone of Maui Brownie Madness and Chovolate Ice cream.

The man nods and notes their orders. He quickly gets to work. Taehyung takes one last glance at the man scooping large scoops of Ice cream before turning to face Jungkook.

"So, we came to Baskin Robin's, after all," Taehyung states, smiling at the younger.

Jungkook nods before faking an angry look. "We could've come here before itself if you hadn't changed your mind in the last moment."

Taehyung shakes his head, disagreeing to the younger's statement. He opens his mouth to argue but closes it when the man hands them their respective ice cream cones.

Taehyung thanks him with a slight bow before paying for the ice cream. Once paid, the boys leave the shop.

"Let's sit on the pavement," Jungkook says. Taehyung nods and the two settle down on the pavement.

Taehyung and Jungkook settle into a comfortable silence, both relishing their ice cream. Unlike the two boys, who were on the move, the night was still.

"You know," Taehyung breaks the silence, causing Jungkook to turn his head to look at Taehyung, "Ice creams helps me calm down when I'm sad or upset."

Jungkook gives a small smile. "I know," he says.

Taehyung turns to look at Jungkook with a confused look. "You did?"

Jungkook nods, "Back when we still used to hangout, you used to come to my house frequently when you have a fight with your brother because my Mom always keeps tubs of Ice cream in the freezer," Jungkook explains, licking his ice cream.

Taehyung smiles at the memory of hanging out in Jungkook's room during lazy summer mornings. Watching random Marvel movies with the boy. Occasionally, the two would share a comic book. Jungkook being a fast reader, he would wait for Taehyung to finish reading a page before turning off to the next one.

They used to have sleepovers, which always ended with them cuddling each other with Jungkook's head resting on Taehyung's chest while the other holds him tight.

All the fun that they had eventually ended once Taehyung joined the football team. The boys had soon drifted off to different paths in life, despite studying in the same school.

"I miss us," Taehyung whispers.

"I miss us too."

Taehyung licks his melting ice cream and looks at Jungkook with a fond smile. "Remember that one time when you were ready to leave your house for good just because there were spiders in your attic. You literally cried," Taehyung laughs.

Jungkook laughs with him, taking a bite from the Ice cream cone. "Oh, please. Those spiders were as big as my pinky finger!"

"You...measured how big that spider is?" Taehyung chokes.

Jungkook frowns. "Yah!" he playfully slaps Taehyung's arm with his free hand, "You know what I mean!"

Taehyung apologizes but his laughter says otherwise. Jungkook pouts. His pout soon turns into a smirk.

"Lizard!" He screams pointing at Taehyung's shoulder.

The older jumps, almost dropping his ice cream. "You startled me!" He screams, a look of horror etched all over his face.

Jungkook laughs loudly, holding his stomach. "You should've seen your face," he says, whilst laughing.

Taehyung frowns at the younger, but soon breaks into a wide smile. Watching the younger laugh like this makes him happy. He feels warm and fuzzy from inside-out.

Once the laughter dies down, Jungkook frowns in confusion. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He asks, pulling the older out of his daze.

"Because," he says, staring right into Jungook's brown orbs, "You're beautiful," he whispers.

Jungkook's breath hitches. A faint blush adorns his puffy cheeks. His body turns warm. He takes a sharp intake of breath when the ice cream melts and drips down his fingers.

"Wh-why d-do you think am I beautiful?" He stutters.

Taehyung pulls his handkerchief out of his pocket and gently wipes away the dripping ice cream off of the younger's fingers.

Once done, he looks up at Jungkook and shrugs, unsure of how to answer the question he was being asked.

Jungkook let's out a disappointed sigh and quickly finishes his ice cream before it further drips down his fingers.

Don't be a fool. He doesn't love you. Tonight is a miracle. And, miracles don't happen very often. Tomorrow morning would be like any other day. He wouldn't even look at you tomorrow, Jungkook reminds himself.

A/n: I edited this chapter a million times but I still feel like it's missing something. Ugh.

Xx