Look, I'm Desperate

"Look, I swear I'll stop complaining about my love life! Just don't make me do this!" I cry to my best friend, Stephen. He blinks at me slowly before rolling his eyes

"Steph, that was an aggressive blink. It hurt my feelings."

He laughs and continues to pull me by my jacket sleeve, going who knows where. We just made it from the airport, we were a tad delayed but we are heading to everyone else. He demands that I get in the back seat of the car, himself driving the rental. I nervously get in and he holds the door open, slamming it as soon as we make eye contact. I jump and the sudden rush of air that hits me in the face.

Stephen gets in and blasts the radio as soon as we pull out of the parking lot. I whine a bit more, like I usually do, that I'm sorry for being bothersome about the smallest inconveniences in my simple little life. I keep going, saying that he doesn't need to talk to his friend about my little stalker crush on him.

I've been crashing with Stephen lately and since he decided to travel, I was asked if I could go too. It was all fun, until he found out about my small, not-so-small interest in his friend, Jay. I had met Jay once over a call he was having when they were recording a video.

Stephen let me listen in, only if I promised to stay quiet. I promised if he told me what he was doing and he did, I flipped—I flopped right onto his bed. I instantly got on my phone to check out their channel.

✨Danplan✨

I heard everyone, soon got used to their personalities over a small amount of time. And I started to use my observation skills that usually latch on to memories that give me anxiety to pick out their traits. I'm sure everyone does this, just not as deep as I do.

Afterwards a reoccurring thought popped into my head: this guy named Jay peaks my interest. My single heart of five years turns on the go signal to let (or make) me fall for this boy. His jokes made giggle and every now and then someone would ask, "who was that?"

I'd get a quick look from Stephen. After that he let me listen every time they were making a video when I wasn't working. This last time, Stephen caught on. He let me be in this previous video as well, seeing as they didn't have any guests and that I could make a perfect one to torture.

We finished the video and Daniel mentioned Stephen visiting, along with the rest of them. I was hoping he was going to say what I instantly wanted. And he did.

Would you like to join us?

"(Y/n), get up we're here! Time to go confess your feelings, hot shot!"

I groan and sit up, wiping the sleep from my eyes. Stephen looks at me from the mirror and chuckles. He gets out and opens the door for me, helping me out since I am still mostly asleep. Stephen and I make it to the hotel we are crashing in and as soon as I see everyone I forget about Stephen's plan to ruin my life with words.

"(Y/n)!" Hosuh calls out sweetly. We both rush to each other, hugging one another tightly. He surprisingly lifts me off the ground, giving a spin.  I hug Daniel, An and lastly..Jay.

His hug is tight, but very warm and welcoming. We hug for a bit longer than I hugged anyone else, which isn't exactly me complaining, or saying I made him do it. I became friends with everyone over a short period of time.

At first there was a group chat, then I collected everyone's numbers and private, also non-private social media's. Jay and I let go of each other. Out of all of Stephen and I's friends, I'd have to say I've gotten the closest with Jay.

We all hang out in the hotel for a while, just talking and catching up. I'd glance at Jay more often than I should have, but when I did he'd be looking as well. And each time, I gave him a smile that he returned.