Chapter 15 - Nyssa

Start from the beginning

"It's fine, they won't reach the city," I told Mor, touching her shoulder lightly as I went around Rhys. I glanced at the High Lord of Night, his eyes a violet storm of anger and panic. "Please, back up."

"I'm not leaving my city defenseless," he told me, deadly calm. I rolled my eyes, nodding to his hand.

"Have a little faith in me, please," I begged him, pulling on the phantom connection of our blood bond. He felt it as he gasped lightly, running his fingers over his other palm.

They backed off, eyes watching the back of me as I began the disenchantment. I reached out, sensing the glamor they casted when I was... rebounded. My sisters.

White, blazing fury grew in me. One of my sisters attacking Velaris? This meant fucking war.

My disenchantment was more successful the second time. The glamor fell, a small navy of about 3 warships, and 4 battle ships of smaller size flying the flags of Hybern as they slowly but sailed toward the city.

I laughed to myself. This is what one of my sister's sent to attack my city? It was a suicide mission.

I spun around, everyone looking at me like I had just murdered a bunch of people. Not yet.

"What are you going to do?" Feyre asked me, her skin pale as she regarded the small fleet behind me. People in Velaris began to notice the warships, faint waves of panic reaching me as I sensed it from where I stood.

I need my things, I thought. With a flourish of magic, I threw down a puff of darkness as I winnowed a pile of weapons onto the street beside me and changed into my assassin suit in the blink of an eye.

When the darkness cleared, they stared at me in surprise as I began strapping daggers around me, on the outside of my suit.

I looked over at the pile of weapons I randomly chose, smaller than normal. "Ugh, not the preferred amount, but this will suffice," I muttered to myself as I strapped the daggers with ruthless efficiency.

"My High Lady asked you a question," Rhysand repeated. I stopped, glancing at him as I finished buckling a dagger on my thigh. "What are you doing to do?"

"I don't really know," I said with a shrug, a mischievous grin slipping on my face. "Kill some people. Have some fun. Maybe burn a few ships."

Rhys growled, Azriel and Mor putting a hand on his shoulder to stop him from walking forward to me.

"Just calm the people," I told him as I strapped my last dagger on, picking up my dual swords and sheathing them on my back.

I was about to turn around when Azriel materialized before me, holding out my favorite sword in his hand. "Thanks."

His eyes were shadowed as I took it from him, sheathing it in my side as more screams of panic erupted from the city behind me. "I would go do crowd control," I whispered to him as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"And I would go fight the enemies, but here we are," his shadows calming around him as he searched my eyes. "I'll be here. Don't die."

"It's quite fun," I told him with a smirk, walking past him as I walked over to the railing and watched the armada on the horizon. "I've done it a few times."

He sighed as I jumped up on the railing, finding my balance easily. "As much as I hate to admit it, it's much more interesting with you around than not. So don't die."

"It will take a lot more than 10 ships to kill me," I replied with a shrug. I shook my shoulders out as I prepared to go fight.

"Be safe," Feyre called from behind me, a tight smile on her face as she walked up next to Mor and Amren, holding their hands.