Chapter 15 - Nyssa

Nyssa's POV

My magic coursed through my veins, mixing with adrenaline as I sensed the warships. I could feel the magic that cloaked them as they sailed towards the City of Starlight. As they sailed toward Velaris.

My city.

The others stilled around me. I felt their fear radiate off their bodies. Feyre's nostrils flared in panic as I began to pull my hair into a braid.

"You're lying," Amren accused me angrily.

I gave her a deadpan look as I used a piece of ribbon I materialized, tying my braid off. "Are you a goddess of magic?" I rebutted fiercely, taking my jewelry off.

My eyes scanned through the city in front of me, people laughing along with friends as others stumbled home drunkenly. Citizens, enjoying their night like any other. Peacefully. I will protect this peace.

"Hey," Azriel hissed softly, putting a hand on my shoulder to stop me. "It would be nice if we could see the warships."

"Give me a gods damn second," I responded, stuffing my jewels into my clutch and shoving it into his hands. "Back up."

"What are you doing?" Rhys asked me, eyes narrowing as he calculated his options.

"What I promised," I replied, gritting my teeth as people refused to back up. Rhys nodded at the Court of Dreams, and they backed up a few feet as I stepped forward to the railing, facing the open horizon.

As I started casting the disenchantment spell, a shriek came from behind me, followed by a thump. "Elain!" Feyre's voice called in panic. I glanced behind, my words faltering as Elain laid on the ground, feverish.

"Move," I muttered, pushing past Azriel to kneel down on the ground. Lucien held his mate in his arms, baring his teeth as I reached a hand forward.

"Don't do anything to her," he threatened. I waved my hand across his face, a calming spell softening his demeanor.

"My head," Elain whimpered, a thin layer of sweat on her forehead as I checked her temperature with the back of my hand. She was heating up fast.

Christ, she's a seer, I thought to myself as she began muttering incoherently about ships and Fae and death, gripping her head.

"Help her," Feyre demanded as I heard Cassian murmur in alarm. The three Illyrians turned away from where Elain laid as I closed my eyes, snaking into her head.

A vision of ships, flying the flag of the fallen Hybern. Thunder, a sky full of stars that slowly dimmed one by one.

Gods, I'm going to need so much liquor after this shitshow of a day.

When I left her head, Elain fell silent, going completely limp in Lucien's arms. Feyre said her name in more panic as I stood up, my gaze going to the horizon behind me. Rhys and his brothers stood, staring at the skyline as they undoubtedly sensed exactly what I had.

"Here," I said, shoving the key to my apartment in Lucien's hand, wrapping his lax fingers around it carefully as I used a little magic, ordering, "Go to my apartment and lay Elain on the guest bed. Lay next to her and go to sleep. You'll both wake up from a nap in a few hours."

Lucien nodded, eyes glazed as he stood up with Elain's body in his hands. He followed my commands, carrying his mate in the direction of the Rainbow. Feyre watched me with silent contempt, disgust, wariness - I don't know, and I didn't care as I had worse things to worry about.

"I can fight, if needed," Mor offered Rhys, already taking off her own jewels as she looked out at the horizon in worry. I stood up, nodding at Feyre before walking back to the railing of the bridge.