Chapter 10 - Feyre

Feyre's POV

The morning after Rhys and Cassian's drunk gambling party, we had training at the House of Wind. I liked getting back into training, the exercise a much needed release for any stress I never notice I'm bottling up. Azriel is a really good teacher, too; he has a consistency that I never achieve myself. I like sleep too much.

A chill blew into our bedroom as the first rays of sunlight began to appear behind the mountains. I felt Rhys' gaze on me, even though my eyes remained closed. I smiled, rolling over towards him and wrapping my arm around his waist.

I felt a movement, and I opened an eye to see one of his wings holding me close to him.

"You're up late," he whispered to me, voice quiet as a breeze swept in. I snuggled closer to him, shivering softly.

"Late? You and your drunken best friend kept me busy," I groaned, my brain fuzzy as I woke up. I felt Rhys smile, kissing my head.

"Thank you," he said softly, "for taking care of me."

"You do the same," I responded, my nose tucked into his chest. He clicked his tongue and I whined in objection.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He asked me, an all-knowing tone in his voice.

"What?" I groaned, pulling closer to him as yet another breeze blew through the room. "Why did you leave the window open? I feel like a Fae snowball"

"Sorry," he apologized. "I was overheating during the night. But you're forgetting training." I gasped, sitting up suddenly before going back to the warmth of the bed covers just as fast. I rolled onto my back, Rhys readjusting his wing and turning to lay on his side as I pouted.

"Who even wakes up this early to work out? Maybe Az is a double agent. Weaknening us by waking us up at the asscrack of dawn."

Rhys snorted, shaking his head as he pecked my nose. "You know he does it to benefit you."

"I know," I whined, turning to look up at him. "But something really beneficial would be letting me sleep until the sun has made it up past the horizon."

"You complain a lot," he stated as he got up, groaning as he grabbed his head. Rhys' drunken endeavors catching up with him. I sat up so he could pull his wing out. Plopping back down in the bed, I admired Rhys' body as he lazily walked over to the window, shutting and locking it tight. I quickly shut my eyes as he turned back around.

"Were you peeking at me?" He asked teasingly, jumping back on the bed on top of me. I went to deny such a thing but he began sprinkling kisses all over my face.

"Stop," I giggled, poking at his face with a finger. His feather-light kisses tingled my senses as I wriggled underneath him. He withdrew, his face still close to mine. His purpose eyes were barely visible in the dark room, but I stared into them for what felt like forever.

After a couple of minutes of sitting there like that, I sighed, closing my eyes and turning my head to the side. Rhys began to go to kiss me but I put a finger to his lips, halting him in his place.

"If you do that, we'll be here all morning," I whispered. He gave me a devilishly wicked grin, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Don't want to make Az put on his sassy pants."

"Do you want me to run you a bath?" Rhys asked as he pecked me on the cheek before rolling off of me and getting up.

"After we train," I answered, sitting up and stretching with a groan. I shivered as I peeled back the bulky covers, tip-toeing to our chest of drawers to pull out some clothes. I picked out a pair of training leathers, some warmer leathers to change into after I was done, and some toiletries. Throwing the other clothes on the bed, I hurried to shimmy out of my PJs and into the warmer training leathers.