(2) Making Mew Friends

~ Kayla POV ~

I couldn't listen to Crystal with my crush staring the hell out of me. Crystal seemed to noticed and got annoyed.

"Kayla, are you even listening to me?!"

"Yes Crystal for the 100th time just let the guy ask you out. Jared (pic above) doesn't seem so bad. Especially if you guys were talking on the phone all summer."

She sighs and smiles.

"Now all we need to do is find you a man. I mean like come on, did you even have your kiss yet?"

I groan in annoyance. I hate when she rubs that in my face. She takes my groan as a no and smiles. Her phone blings and she looks down, smiles, and looks back up at me with a weird grin on her face. Should I be scared? Probably.

"See, now listen up, I just got a text from Jared and he wants us to sit with him at lunch. What do you say?"

"Don't take offense but I really don't wanna be a third wheel in your weird romance story with Jared."

She groans under her breath and mumbles me to shut up; causing me to laugh.

"Your not going to be third wheeling because Addison is going to be there with us." She smirks. Here she goes teasing again.

"Add- Addison is going to be there?" I ask with worry in my voice.

"Yes Addison and don't act like your not happy. He is finally taking notice in you. Who knows, he maybe the one to take your kiss, your virginity, and make me a god mother."

Oh god this girl will be the death of me. I shove my face in my hands in embarrassment and she laughs at me. I look at her with a fake angry look.

"Come on Kayla, what do you say?"

I sigh and nod my head yes and she squeals. I smile and think about all of the good and bad things that can happen at lunch. Well I guess we are going to have to wait until lunch. The teacher finally walks in and we start off with Romeo and Juliet. Just great.

{Skips all the way to lunch bc I'm lazy}

I walk to my locker with Crystal next to me and I put my books away and grab my bag. When I finish, she opens her phone.

"Ok so he texted me to wait for him at his locker so let's go."

We walk to Jared's locker and there they are. Addison had his back turned and Jared was laughing at something he said. As soon as we got close, Jared looked at Crystal and smiled.

That made Addison turn around and look at me. He looks me up and down and smile. Now guys I don't mean to be so dramatic, but I think I just died. My cheeks were burning hot from blushing so hard.

He walks up to me and moves a braid out of my face. Crystal and Jared were too busy flirting so they weren't paying attention.

"So we meet again?" He starts off.

"Yeah I guess we do." Omg I can't believe I'm talking to him. Gosh I sound like my mom when she met my dad (not her actual dad).

"I'm sorry for earlier and I would like to make it up to you after school by first taking you to my favorite takeout spot. What do you say?"

I smile and nod my head yes. Why is he being so nice all of a sudden? I have no clue, but I tend to find out sooner or later.

"Great well let's go fill that belly of your with lunch." He says and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I jump at first from the contact, but relax and just let him.