twenty ninth

"Oh, careful dear."

"Mom, I'm fine. Stop treating me like I'm 3-years old or something." Jungkook says in complaint, shaking his head in disbelief as he casted his eyes down on the concrete stairs, feeling a little embarrassed due to the fact that many eyes was on him. He must've gotten famous after the news of his accident and now that he's finally awake, he might as well be known as 'Jeon Jungkook: The son of a billionaire who got into a fatal car accident and fell into coma for four months'. Yeah, he definitely ain't having any of that.

On the other hand, his mother clung unto his arms, acting as if this was his first ever steps. She must probably be afraid that he'd fall down and stumble like a baby but that doesn't give her the excuse to tell him to be careful in literally EACH step of the stairs and point out which feet must step down.

"This is just embarrassing." Jungkook mumbles silently.

Good thing it was his mom though, if it were any of his friends, he might as well purposely try to stumble and bring them down with him. Yeah, he's still an ass in some way. But what truly matters is that he's finally getting out of the  hospital and for the first time in his life, he never felt so free.

"Stop complaining kid and let your mother help you." Mrs. Jeon retorts, tightening her grip on her son's arm.

"Where's dad anyway?" Jungkook asks, fixing his sleeve on the other arm. His mother requested him earlier to dress up formally, making him look like an eligible bachelor despite the fact that he wasn't much of a formal guy. He prefer streetwears because they're way more stylish and pretty cozy but being the son of a CEO and the future heir to a conglomerate, he knows he needs to get used to it already. Although, it's been a while since his mother made him dress like this and somehow, a part of him misses his mother's pesterings.

"Probably still at work but don't worry dear, you'll see him later." Mrs. Jeon reassures. Even though Jungkook has completely healed by now, she's still afraid of what happened back then. She's afraid that something bad might happen again and this time, she wants to be there to protect her son.

Alright, truth is she may just be trying to baby him, missing the way how she used to take care of Jungkook when he was a child but he's all grown up now and opportunities like this doesn't happen too often anymore. She wants to make the most of it and make up for that fact that she hadn't been able to visit Jungkook as often as she wants to back when he was still in the hospital. Taehyung was the one who really took his time to take good care of him.

At first she admits, she wanted to blame Taehyung for everything. If Jungkook never left that day, none of this would ever have to happen. But she also knows too well that it was all just an accident. It wasn't Taehyung's fault. Everything just happened in a blink of an eye, it was all too fast that she could barely keep up back then.

And maybe that was her lesson. She learned how precious time was. One day you're just talking to your son before he drives off and the next day, you discover he just got into a fatal accident. It was terrible and she knows very much her son did not deserve that.

But still she was glad all of it was over and she had never been so relieved when Jungkook finally woke up and recovered from the traumatic event.

"Mom, are we getting in or not?" Jungkook asks which snapped Mrs. Jeon back to reality. She didn't realize she was already spacing out.

"Ah, yes dear." Mrs. Jeon smiles. Their chauffeur had been waiting for them to go in as he held the door open. She helped Jungkook into the passenger's seat before getting in, then she takes a seat beside him.

"We're going home now." Mrs. Jeon smiles, placing her palm on Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook smiled in return, missing the way how his mom used to hold his cheek. Even though he was already an adult, his mom still makes him feel like her little boy.