twenty third

The sound of Taehyung humming echoed through his room as he packed his clothes neatly inside the luggage. Beside the bed, a small wooden drawer topped with what seems to be a Tiffany lamp, not that Taehyung cared whether it was legit or not, gave him a dim lighting of the place, not because he prefers it that way but he was just too lazy to walk over to the opposite side of the room to flick on the light switch. After he finished shoving the last set of his brand new gucci clothes, he glanced momentarily at the digital clock beside the lamp which read 2:34 AM. Their flight is scheduled later at 4 AM.
One wouldn't be able to tell that he was completely excited, almost on the verge of screaming and jumping around the room but his stamina didn't exactly followed along. Who the hell would even wanna scream during 2 in the morning? He was sleepy. Droopy eyes, messy hair, and with an almost swollen face, he looked like utter shit. But that didn't stop him from giggling over the thought that he was finally gonna see Jungkook again. He couldn't wait to return home, to the love of his life.

A knock came by the door and Taehyung heard his mother's voice. "Taehyung dear, are you done already?" She asked, not waiting for her son's consent before she opens the door and peaks her head in.

"Yeah! One moment!" Taehyung answered and grabbed the handle of his luggage, pulling it up. He walked over to the glass window and took one final glance of the picturesque view of the Eiffel Tower outside. He's surely gonna miss this place a lot. Maybe next time he'll have a vacation here with Jungkook, or a honeymoon— which he prefers to call it.

He put on a black mask first and an Ellioti beret before getting out of his room. He then met his mother and father along the hallway and the three of them took the elevator all the way to the ground floor. Their rooms were at the 16th floor. It only took half a minute before they finally hear a 'ding', and the elevator doors slid open, giving them an exit.

Taehyung adjusted his mask as he looked down, not wanting to make any kind of eye contact with the people he passed by because he didn't want anyone to see how prominent his dark circles were. He didn't get enough sleep.

Upon walking through the spinning doors, there was a black Mercedes parked just in front, below the steep stairs. Their chauffeur had been waiting for them. Taehyung could only wonder how long he had to wait before they finally showed up. He just shoved the thought aside.

After managing to put all of their bags and luggages inside the trunk, the three hopped inside the car, all relieved that they all managed to fit in the back seat. Taehyung sat beside the window, his mother next to him and with his father beside her.

As soon as the car hits the road, Taehyung immediately pulls out the phone from his pocket and texted Jungkook.

CutieHyungie💜
Hey babyy

CutieHyungie💜
Coming home soon!!

CutieHyungie💜
Can't wait to see you again! 😍

It didn't take long before he got a reply from the younger.

Jungkookie🍪
Heeyy Tae

Jungkookie🍪
Hehe me too 💜💜

Jungkookie🍪
Will be meeting you at the airport later 😘

Jungkookie🍪
I will kill you if you didn't bring me any sweets

Taehyung chuckles silently, glancing at his parents who both looked a little sheepish, considering it was literally 3 in the morning. The flight would take almost 10 hours so they had to take the earliest flight so they could return immediately to Seoul.