thirtieth

When Jungkook opened his eyes, he found himself standing in front of a wooden door. He looks around, feeling like he's in a déjà vu since everything looks somewhat familiar. To his side, he noticed a café menu board which says "Closed for Personal Use". The café has windows but oddly, they're all pitch black as if it had been covered up with cloth or some sort. He holds the knob and turns it slowly, realizing it's not unlocked. He proceeded to push the door slowly, stepping inside the place.

"Happy Birthday Jungkookie!"

Jungkook was greeted with cheers and party poppers upon his entrance inside the café. To his surprise, he didn't expect his friends to go this far, setting up the entire place just to celebrate his birthday.

"You guys.."

Before Jungkook could even think of what he wants to say, Jimin approached him while holding a pastel blue cake with a bunch of candles on top. Then, everyone started to sing "Happy Birthday" and Jungkook just awkwardly stood there with a smile on his face. He feels a little embarrassed but also grateful for his friends.

"— happy birthday to you.."

As soon as the song finished, Jimin urged Jungkook to make a wish before blowing candles, which the younger did.

Closing his eyes, Jungkook could only think of his friends, he wished the seven of them would last and keep making more fun memories like this one. He couldn't completely express his gratitude and appreciation for them in words alone but deep within his heart, he really loves all of them and cherish them. As long as they're all together, he'll be at his happiest. Then he opened his eyes and blew out the candles.

Everyone cheered and applauded him, especially Jin who was the proudest among all of them. He couldn't believe Jungkook is already 16, their maknae is already growing up and it made him tear up, just a little.

"Wow, thank you for all of this guys. I thought it will be like a normal meet-up." Jungkook chuckled.

"Actually, it was Taehyung's plan to rent out this entire café just for this surprise." Jimin says, nodding over to Taehyung's direction who looks surprised when he heard his name.

Jungkook looked at his direction and when he met Taehyung's eyes, the older immediately averted his gaze, looking a little flustered. "It was only my suggestion. Hobi-hyung was the one who paid for it," he said in defense.

"Hey! I thought we agreed on splitting the bill?" Hoseok asked, sounding shocked.

"I don't remember agreeing to it." Taehyung mutters, avoiding eye contact with the older.

"Me neither." Yoongi raised his hand, followed by Jimin nodding in agreement.

"Don't worry Hobi-hyung, I'll split the bill with you." Namjoon said, siding with Hoseok.

"Hey, hey, hey, let's not talk about the bills right now. We should party and celebrate Jungkookie's birthday already!" Jin said, slinging his arm around Hoseok's shoulders. Then he looked at the guy with a serious face before saying, "I'll pay you next month Hobi-ya."

Jungkook chuckled at his friends' silliness over a simple matter and soon after, they were all laughing together. They carried on with the celebration, which was planned by Jin who turned out to be the MC of the event. Since they had the entire café for themselves, they played games, ate foods, and finally presented their gifts to Jungkook. For the maknae, it was a truly memorable 16th birthday celebration.

When Jungkook realized it was already 5PM, he decided to head home since his parents might be waiting for him and it's been 3 hours since they started the celebration. He thought his friends might get disappointed at him but to his relief, they were fine with it and understands his decision. Hoseok said the place was rented until 7PM so most of them decided to stay until the time is up.