nineteenth

"I like you."

When Hoseok heard those words, he went wide-eyed, gazing at Namjoon with utter shock and somehow, a little bit dumbfounded. Did he heard it right? Did Namjoon just said he likes him? Or was he hearing things again?

"What?" Hoseok asks despite hearing the words clearly. He just wanted to make sure he doesn't interpret it in a wrong way.

Namjoon takes both of Hoseok's hand, surprising the other as he holds them gently, rubbing circles around his knuckles. He noticed the older's face slowly turning crimson red as he gazed directly into his eyes.

"I like you Hobi hyung. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Hoseok gulped and quickly pulled his hands away, hundreds of thoughts running through his mind at the same moment. He didn't misinterpret after all. Even though he himself knew that he had developed romantic feelings for Namjoon too, there was something in his gut that tells him it doesn't seem right.

"Joonie I don-"

"You don't have to give me an answer yet. I'll wait for you, I promise. When the right time comes, no matter how long it is, I'll wait. Even if in the end I get rejected, I won't care. But please hyung, I beg of you, please don't push me away. Don't treat me like a stranger after we walk out of this room." Namjoon pleads with a glint of sadness in his eyes, yet among that sadness glints a small spark of hope, waiting for Hoseok to give him a chance.

Hoseok found himself going soft at Namjoon's remarks. He looked down, feeling embarassed. He didn't expect Namjoon would confess to him this early, it was pretty much the last thing he would expect with the younger.

"I may not be much or even look like much hyung but I promise I'll take care of you. Even if I suck at many things, I'll still keep try--"

"Just stop Joonie. Jesus, you're persistent." Hoseok cut him, giving Namjoon a light smack on the shoulder as he chuckled.

Namjoon was about to say something again but Hoseok placed his index finger on Namjoon's lips, sealing them shut.

"Let me speak first, okay?"

Namjoon nods, scooting closer to Hoseok even though they were literally sitting beside each other.

"Look Joonie, don't say that alright? Don't say you don't look like much because goddammit you're so handsome that the moment I first looked at you, I just had a huge crush on you." Hoseok finally admitted. He was planning on telling Namjoon too but seems like the younger beat him to it.

"R-Really?" Namjoon stuttered, still trying register what he just heard.

Hoseok rolled his eyes and grabbed Namjoon's collar, pulling him closer before pressing his lips against his.

It was as if that moment, all the doubts and anxiousness in Namjoon's mind finally went away, like clear skies after a terrible storm. For the first time, he finally had the confidence to be himself, to accept his true identity. He loves Jung Hoseok and yes, he is gay as fuck for him.

When Hoseok pulled away, Namjoon was left looking dumbstruck as if he still couldn't believe he just kissed his own best friend.

"Did that answer your question?"

"Well, technically it didn't because you're suppose to say words instead of expressing actions but I guess it counts." Namjoon smiles, showing his dimples which made Hoseok grin as well.

"So does that make us...uhm... Boyfriends now?"

Hoseok shrugs, "I guess? I mean we just kissed and like, you confessed to me and asked me to be your boyfriend."