seventh

Jungkook woke up exactly at 5AM. His head was throbbing slightly, his mind a wreak havoc, possibly from all of the heavy crying earlier but he dismissed it. He felt fine now, or so he was trying to feel like it.

He slowly rose from bed and made his way out of the room, walking through a dim hallway before reaching the stairs leading down to the living room. When he got there, he realized all of the lights were still on, he must've forgotten to turn them off last night.

He trudges to the kitchen, unsure of what he was suppose to do next. He was about to call out their cook's name and tell him to prepare some breakfast for him until he figured they weren't there anymore, he was all alone now. He was suppose to do everything by himself, without anyone's help.

Abruptly, an excruciating pain jolted in his body leaving him gripping on the edge of the marble counter, putting his weight on it as he struggles to keep himself upright. His breathing was ragged and just a moment ago he thought he was fine but right now, his head was spinning. He wasn't sure if it was because he was still drowsy or all of this could possibly still be a dream but he was feeling nauseous, as if he was riding a roller coaster loop. He blinks his eyes repeatedly hoping everything would go back to normal but to no avail.

"Fuck." He cursed, feeling his stomach coiling up. He forced himself to run to the bathroom, kneeling before the toilet then threw up every last bit of food he ate last night, leaving a bitter taste in his mouth after. The dizziness only grew worse from there and Jungkook's chest started feeling heavy at the same time. His head stung like a bitch and he started trembling, but not because it was cold. He was experiencing all these horrid things at once and he couldn't do anything about it. He could only sit there, feeling too frail to even move an arm.

A blurred figure appeared from his peripheral vision, making him turn his head to the doorway, there was someone standing there. He knew who he was but he couldn't bring himself to say his name. It felt as if he was choking on his own words but he had to force himself to say it.

"T-Tae.." The name came out as a mere whisper, barely audible and that was the last thing he remembered before collapsing on the floor and blacking out.

××××

"Aish, out of all the days why did Guk chose to be absent today? He was suppose to be my partner for the english presentation today so I ended up presenting alone in front of the whole class." Jimin puffs out his cheeks in annoyance, crossing his arms as he sinks into the couch. He barely nailed it because he stuttered too much. He had to present Jungkook's part too which he barely had any idea of because the presentation was supposedly split to both of them. He only memorized his part and left the other half to the younger, but he failed to appear.

"Didn't he call you?" Jin, who was busy tuning his guitar, asks.

Jimin shook his head, still upset about the embarrassment he went through earlier. "He didn't even texted me! Ugh, when I see him tomorrow I am so beating his ass." He vented, scowling at the cookie jar sitting atop the table.

"Maybe he's sick?" Hoseok asks, shrugging at Jimin. "I mean he's not the type to skip school easily. You remember that time when he was drunk right? He still dared to go to school even looking like he just got laid that night. I'm telling you, he really might be sick this time." He added in defense.

Jimin's scowl slowly went away, replace with slight concern instead. "Maybe you're right hyung, I'm too hard on him I guess." He takes out his phone and proceeds to contact Jungkook, but it was hopeless. His phone was possibly shut off.

Having listened to their conversation the entire time, Taehyung, who was sitting beside Hoseok, decided to finally chime in.

"He caught a fever."