twenty second

"Then tell me how."

Jungkook couldn't believe he was actually going along with Dahyun's 'totally not so crazy at all' idea that one's fate could be change. He knows that only a god has the ability to do something like that but, if that's what it takes to save the love of his life then so be it.

Dahyun pursed her lips, knowing she's about to say some long ass explanation after this.

"If you truly love each other then that means you two made a commitment to stay with each other right? To be by each other's side always?" Jungkook nodded before Dahyun continues, "When the two of you said those oaths to each other, there's like this some sort of string that connected the both of you. A bond that made you inseparable. Either the string was just formed or it had been there for a long time already, even before you knew about it."

"Are you referring to the red thread of fate?"

"Exactly!" Dahyun piped. "According to the myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the finger of those whom are destined to meet regardless of the place, time and circumstances. They are 'destined lovers' or what you refer to as 'soulmates' and I'm assuming you already have an idea about that right?"

Jungkook was totally lost right now but he nodded notheneless. Dahyun sounded so unrealistic but remembering that she could actually foresee events, Jungkook is definitely willing to put his trust in her words.

"Now, this red cord may get stretched or even tangled but one thing for sure is that it never breaks. Even the gods themselves doesn't have the ability to break such bond. The red thread is the very thing that links true lovers together, the very thing that connects their souls."

Dahyun explained everything perhaps a little too well because Jungkook was feeling totally overwhelmed right now. He had several questions in his mind but there's this one question that got the most of his curiosities.

"When do you think this red thread became tied? To us?"

Dahyun shrugs, unable to come up with a definite answer. "Maybe when you were kids I guess? You two seems to have known each other for quite a long time. I mean, just because you didn't knew about it before doesn't mean someone else didn't."

And that's when it dawned to Jungkook. Grandpa Kim knew all along. He was the only one who decided to act about it because if it wasn't for him and his bizarre marriage contract, then both he and Taehyung might still be in conflict with each other til this day. Right now, Jungkook found himself quietly thanking Grandpa Kim above there.

"So, after everything you just said, what are you trying to propose? How do you think is it possible to change his fate? My Taehyung's fate."

Dahyun smiles, amazed by the lengths Jungkook is willing to take for another guy. He really must love Taehyung a lot.

"As I've said before, the red thread links you two right? It can be tangled but never-"

"Never broken, got it. Then what?" Jungkook cuts her because he admits, he was getting a little impatient already. He needs the answer.

Dahyun frowns, feeling unsettled of what she's about to say next. "If the thread truly does exists, then you could change Taehyung's fate by changing yours."

"I don't get it." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side.

"In other words, you could spare his life if you switch places with him. That means you will be the one to experience his tragedy Jungkook."

××××

Jungkook got back at the manor, holding two empty banana milks in his hand. He forgot to throw them away since he was too preoccupied on his way back. Eunwoo was the first to meet him by the doorstep, hugging him by the waist which gives Jungkook a smile.