twenty fifth

"Taehyung! Come on! Just talk to me!"

First shot.

"Taehyungie, come on. Please."

Second shot.

"Are you seriously doing this to yourself?"

Third shot and that's it.

Taehyung hung up the phone, placing it back on the marble counter beside the small glass. Raising the bottle close to his face, he observes the clear liquor moving sinuously inside the hollow container as he slowly tilts it forward and takes another swig. He winced when the substance stung his in throat. The taste wasn't that good but nonetheless, he forced himself to drink it.

For some reason, the room suddenly felt chilly even though all the doors and windows were shut tight. Goosebumps crawled through Taehyung's skin or maybe it was just his imagination? Or maybe it's the almost finished bottle of vodka working him up? All that and he still couldn't get the picture out of his head.

But what was he trying to forget exactly? The hospital? That room? Or was he simply trying to forget the picture seeing Jungkook like that? Perhaps, maybe all of it.

Those wounds, those bruises he had all over him, Taehyung couldn't bear it. He couldn't bear seeing the love of his life so injured. If only he had left Paris sooner, maybe it wouldn't have happened, no unfortunate event would've had to occur. Maybe things could've turned out completely different and Jungkook would've been here, inside their own house, lying in bed nestled in his arms. But now here he is, all alone in the kitchen whike holding a bottle of vodka, suffering the consequences of the actions he deems to be his very own fault.

Taehyung tried to stand up, highly aware of his current drunken state, being dizzy and anxious and all but he didn't give a fuck about it. He stood up and in a swift movement, his knees buckled and he fell down with a loud thud, followed by the sound of glass breaking which revetberated throughout the walls of the dim kitchen.

Grunting in pain, Taehyung tried to push himself up again but he was too weak so he just laid down, on the cold floor along the shattered pieces of glass not to far from him. His vision was too blurry to check if some of the shards cut his hand but even if it did, he didn't feel anything. No pain at all. Finishing a bottle of vodka must've been enough to make him go numb.

He heard his phone ring, must be Jimin trying to call him again but even if Taehyung wanted to answer it, he couldn't bring himself to rise. He felt like he was already at his own rock bottom, buried deep in his own misery world. The worst part is, he's completely aware that he's doing it to himself on purpose. It was as if he was walking straight to the path of despair.

And he couldn't turn back.

Before he fell asleep, the last thing he heard was his phone ringing and, be it his own hallucination or maybe something else, something he didn't expect — a voice whispering his name.

××××

"Goddamn it, Taehyung is not answering his phone." Jimin bickers in annoyance, walking back and forth in front of Yoongi who was sitting cross-legged on the couch, thinking about the same guy as well.

"Maybe he fell asleep already? Taehyung's not much of a drinker so I bet he already got wasted." Yoongi suggests, which didn't help one bit and only earned him a glare from his boyfriend.

"You know Taehyung is not like that! He doesn't drink when he gets too stressed. Jeez, why is he like this? I thought he's gonne be calm once he sees Jungkook again?" Jimin raises the question, plopping down beside Yoongi.

"You need to calm down as well Chim, you're stressing yourself too much. Look, I know you're concerned for Taehyung and his well-being and I am concerned too okay? Just... try to give him some space that's all. I know you wanted to be there for him as his closest friend but you should also try to give him some time alone to think. He knows what he's doing. Taehyung's not that dumb in fact, he's one heck of a smartass. He just have his own ways of expressing his sorrow so you should try to understand okay? Accepting the fact that your husband got into a car accident and fell into a coma before you could even see him must've been a whole new level of stress for him." Yoongi says, wrapping an arm around his lover's waist.