twenty fourth

Jimin cupped his mouth, eyes suddenly brimming with tears as he pressed a palm against the door outside the emergency room. He couldn't do anything but stand there and watch his best friend get flocked by a team of physicians doing the best they can to revive him, to save his life. If it wasn't for Yoongi standing alongside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, Jimin would've been having a mental breakdown right now.

"Come on, let's sit babe." Yoongi suggested, trying to pull Jimin away from the door but the guy wouldn't budge. It was almost seemed as if he was glued on spot, but after a few more several attempts, Jimin gave in and followed Yoongi to the nearby bench.

Yoongi pulls Jimin closer to him, allowing the younger to rest his head on his shoulder. "Taehyung will be here soon."

Jimin nods, wiping his tears as he sniffled softly.

"H-He'll be okay r-right? G-Gukkie? He'll be fine right?"

Yoongi pressed his lips, his facial expressions remaining stoic but deep inside, he was utterly devastated. He wanted to cry too when he saw how messed up the maknae was, how bad his injuries were, but he knows Jimin needed him. He needed to be his strength for now.

"He'll be fine. He's in good hands." He reassures, caressing Jimin's shoulder in attempt to ease him, even for a tiny bit.

For a short while, they stayed like that. Jimin's sniffles eventually stopped while Yoongi just stared blankly at the wall in front of him, wondering why the hell did Jungkook had to suffer such fate. He hadn't done anything to deserve that, he was a good guy. He knew plenty of people who could've been in his place instead, but life just to cheat him like that.

Jimin's other concern was Taehyung. He knew about his relationship with Jungkook. Turns out, they've been secretly married for quite a while. That's why he had the uncertainties of what Taehyung might do once he gets here. Will he have a breakdown? Will he start pounding on the door, begging the doctors to let him in? Possibly, it could be either and that's what worries him the most.

They've contacted almost all of their friends earlier and most of them were on their way already. Jungkook's parents heard the news as well but they were still in Busan so it might take them some time to get here.

Out of the corner, the two heard footsteps, no — it was the sound of someone running while trying to catch their breath at the same time and when they turned their head, they saw Taehyung. The guy was standing by the end of the hallway, gripping his knees, looking exhausted as hell. When Taehyung saw the two, he scampered towards them before asking, "Where's Jungkook!?"

Jimin shuddered, feeling his fingers tremble as he pointed at the door to the emergency room. "He's there."

Before Taehyung could even charge at the door, Yoongi stood up and stopped him, gripping his arm tightly.

"Taehyung don't." He said sternly but Taehyung was persistent. He easily tore his hand away from Yoongi's grip before he charges at the door again, kicking it open this time. He was about to barge inside but just in the right moment, Namjoon and Hoseok came and held Taehyung on both arms, pulling him away.

"No! Let go of me! I need to see him!" Taehyung thrashed around as Namjoon and Hoseok drags him away from the emergency room, pinning him to the wall. He was causing a commotion already, riveting almost everyone's attention in the hallway.

"What the fuck are you doing!? Stop it! I need to see him!" Taehyung sputters, trying to break free from their clutches but to no avail. It was two against one, add Yoongi who was standing in front of him, holding his shoulder in place.

"Stop Taehyung, you're just making things worse." Namjoon said, trying to soothe him but it had no effect. Taehyung kept squirming, yelling at them to let go of him. He just wanted to see Jungkook for himself. He needed to confirm with his own two eyes that it was really him.