The Arrival

The five days of distance had trickled down to an end at last. It was a week of enjoyable madness for Björn who had been on the right track for his works between abbatars which made an improvement, Pippi Longstocking Cirkus, and Mamma Mia: The Party's expansion. Interviews were made as usual. The progression had been a success as hoped and all difficulties had been sorted for the facing factors. In between the chaos of it all, time of his day had been taken to make calls back home to FaceTime his family including his beloved whom he couldn't help but long to being in her arms once again upon his return. The last day had been a hassle as he worked to finish his work before his flight home, which had been pushed back another few hours. He had texted to let Agnetha remain updated but she had felt uneasy as he hadn't FaceTimed her at all that day and the last text she received was nearly seven hours ago. As she sat down late that night, she pondered how he was and what he was doing at the moment, but he hadn't texted to update her and it concerned her. Agnetha had a habit of feeling distress when any one of her family members fly. This time however, she was more so relieved. She had his flight number and an application to tell her the second he had landed. He should be home, she considered. Agnetha would be the one to text him but she didn't want to persist because she understood he was busy and traveling back.

"You know," Linda sighed at last. "Why don't you just go see him? Mama, the more I see you like this the more you're beginning to stress me out."

"Oh?" she laughed. "I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"I want to help you! Just go see him."

"No, no, I can't do that. What if he doesn't want to see me right now? Maybe he's tired and isn't interested. He hasn't talked to me much since–"

"Doesn't mean he's not wanting to see you. He waited all those months for you. Go see him."

"I'm sure he's not even home."

"Yes, he gets back tonight. I've tracked his flight, he landed 30 minutes ago."

"But he's always everywhere, he can't sit still," she said, although her mind was already generating the idea to go.

"Please go or I'm going to take you there myself."

"Are you kicking me out of my own house?" Agnetha asked, laughing in amusement with her daughter.

"Yes."

It took ten minutes for Agnetha to quickly dress and spray perfume, and a half an hour to arrive at his doorstep with the constant thought this would be a terrible idea and that it was silly. She knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. After waiting four minutes she realized he wasn't home. She laughed to herself because she felt it. She knew this was how it would be. Agnetha left in the same way she arrived, but with a small part of her that felt disappointed. She expected the night to go much differently.

The elevator opened on the lobby floor and stilled her in her place. Björn smiled right away thinking the same woman who conquered his mind was standing before him. It was someone he never expected to see.

Immediately his conversation with his neighbor ended. The door was ready to shut but his hand held it still while Agnetha grew shy and flustered.

"You don't mind taking the stairs, do you?" Björn asked the man that stood outside of the elevator. The dark haired man was struck by the fact that Agnetha Fältskog stood in the elevator. Barely forming a syllable he shook his head. Björn smiled and when the door closed, he immediately turned to his left side to see Agnetha.

"Were you looking for someone?"

"I'm sorry," she said. "I came at the wrong time. I thought you'd be home," she explained. Björn couldn't stop smiling from how happy he grew. It was a long exhausting week and incredibly rewarding to find her when he hadn't expected it. Pulling her to him, he planted a small kiss on her lips.