History Repeats

The very next morning, Björn rose and prepared himself for the day. His list of things to get done was beginning to overflow and it was only 7 AM. He made himself at home and started coffee for everyone and himself, sitting at the porch as he waited for Agnetha to wake up and the rest of the crowd to join.

Linda had woken up ready to take her kids to school and found Björn on the porch with a newspaper. He was on a call and she smiled to see him. She guessed he must have come by late last night or stopped by very early. There was no sign of her mother, so she concluded she's still asleep.

"Papa, you're here," she hugged him.

"Yeah," he responded. "Is your mother awake? We have to go to the studio again today."

"I think she's sleeping still. I'll be back. I should get the girls to school." He nodded and continued with conferences for multiple different projects. He hadn't felt the time pass until Linda returned finding Björn on his third cup of coffee.

"She's still not awake?" she asked. He raised his brows and listened into the phone. "I'll go wake her." He had just shut the phone when he saw it was 9 AM and Linda returning to the kitchen where he now sat.

"Does she ever have a sense of time?" he wondered aloud. Linda laughed explained that she tried.

"No, I don't think so," she said. "You try." He hesitated for a brief moment thinking about how awkward it may be, but then again, it really wasn't awkward. He crept down towards her hall and opened the room, sighing completely seeing she was truly still in bed.

"Agnetha," he quietly mumbled as he leaned in over her.

"Mm."

"Come on," he said. "We need to get to work soon." It would be a lie to say she was not yet awake. In fact she very much was awake and her mind was running it's exercise as it had begun since she had woken up. Yet, she wasn't ready to give him the chance to speak to her until she is decided.

"Just. Five. More minutes."

"Fine," he kissed her head and made his way to the kitchen to talk to Linda as he waited.

Within a half an hour Agnetha had joined them completely refreshed. She wore blue jeans, a green shirt and her hair was made well. She even took her time with make-up.

"You know papa has been waiting on you?" Agnetha looked at Björn with the only thought being what she could remember of their fight the previous night. She was incredibly bothered by it still and he carries on as if it was nothing. She took a bite of toast and then sipped from her coffee after saying, "oops."

"What's going on?" Linda whispered gently to her mother behind her father's back. He was already preoccupied with an incoming text, so he ignored her comment, which got under Agnetha's skin even more.

"Nothing," Agnetha responded but it was too obvious she was unhappy. "Björn, ready to go?" Genuinely lost in thought, he did not hear her, therefore did not reply. He walked towards the door with his cellphone in his hand as he typed and felt no one was following him. When he turned back, his daughter and Agnetha were staring at him in return.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come on!" He bopped his head towards the open door and walked out. Agnetha closed her eyes already sensing the pressure of the day. God grant me the patience, she whispered to herself.

"Call if you need something, Linda."

The drive was not too long, yet every minute was felt.

"You woke up later than usually," he noted the obvious fact.