Ticking Bomb

For two days, Björn and Agnetha had not seen one another, but both had not been able to get through the days without finding that each of them had snuck into each other's thoughts.

Björn had become occupied with another abbatar project development, growing hopeful and excited that this really might be finished by the end of autumn. Aside from this, he also checked on the progress of Mamma Mia! exhibition due to be opened on the 6th of April in the museum.

Björn began the day rising with a set of plans and ambitions. It wasn't an average day for him. He knew what he wanted and he was set on making it happen. It was the day before the birthday of his love. He wanted to make it special.

April 5th was always a day Björn made arrangements for since he had known Agnetha. When they were engaged Björn surprised her with a home cooked meal. When they were married, he'd arrange breakfast in bed and spend the day devoting himself to her. Even after their divorce, Björn always had arranged a bouquet of flowers and a card for her to arrive at her doorstep. After all, she is the mother of his children.

Today he had a whole set of new plans—something he hadn't done in the past, because now they've begun a new journey. He aimed to finish his work quickly from Slottsholmen to surprise her at her doorstep with flowers and take her out to dinner for a special evening with hopes of planning something special for her the very next morning, too. That plan had easily become sabotaged when Lena called.

"Be home by six tonight, will you?" She asked her husband over the phone. Björn sighed and tossed his pen aside on his desk.

"I don't think it's possible tonight."

"Yes, it is. You better make it possible or I will personally come to you and drag you out of there."

"You will not," he knew the power of that woman and she would do it. She'd search the seven seas to hunt him down.

"Better believe that I will, Björn. This is getting ridiculous. Besides, I've already made reservations for dinner at 7."

"Lena," he snapped. "What if I don't have time? You can't just do this out of nowhere."

"And why not? You're my husband and I want us to go so that means we will. It's been ages."

"So, leave it for another night, why tonight?"

"Why, Björn? Why do you need to escape the house all the time? I rarely see you and we live under the same roof."

"I have to go," he said, not knowing what else to say. She was persistent and he knew she would follow with what she says. He had to make changes as much as it bothered him to do it.

He called Tilda at first. His eldest granddaughter would know how to help him. He needed to know Agnetha's plans for the day, if she'd spend it with family or friends. He assumed this is the case but he was wrong.

"We wanted to plan something for her for tomorrow, but today she had made plans," she laughed. "Well, Marc." He froze at the mention of him. Wonderful, he thought. Why? Why is he going to see her? Shouldn't she have understood by now that Björn was set on his feelings for her?

"And when is this? What's his plan?"

"Grandpa, I really don't know." She paused for a moment as she multitasked making a snack for herself. "Why, what are you asking for?" She smirked.

"No, nothing. I figured it would be spent with you all, you know as a family."

"No, that's tomorrow."

Björn felt even more discouraged and scrapped his plans for Agnetha. He was disappointed because he had been thinking of her and seeing her again, but no clue how he could.