Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

Yasopp patted Shanks on the shoulder, sighing. "Captain, leave the kid alone. She was just so excited to see me that she couldn't wait." He sent a wink to Mitsu, making the girl grin behind the blanket.

Shanks whipped his head around to look at his sniper. "Lies! She was excited to see me, clearly." He placed his hand on his chest to further point to himself.

Yasopp shrugged, walking over towards Mitsu. "Sure, Captain. Whatever helps you fall asleep." Then he frowned as he placed his arm around the girl's shoulders, feeling how cold she was. "Oh, you really should warm up. Maybe you should go inside."

Mitsu shook her head, "I wanna stay out here! The only time I get to be on a ship is when you guys are here."

Shanks sighed, smiling as he stood up. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go inside, I'll show you our library."

She frowned, reading hadn't really seemed exciting to her. The girl didn't understand what was so great about it. Rather than read those boring history books her mother insisted on, she would draw instead. It was much more fun.

Seeing his niece's dislike of the idea, the Captain grinned at another. "Or, we can go look at the canons."

Immediately the girl shot up and bounced on the balls of her feet. "Yeah! Let's go, Uncle Shanks!"

The man grinned, holding up a finger. "Only once you admit I'm the best in this crew."

"Of course! You're the best in this crew." She chanted, jumping in excitement. "You're the bestest, greatest Uncle ever!"

The crew stared at their Captain with deadpanned eyes as he giggled and waved a 'dismissive' hand. "Oh, you're so sweet, Mitsu."

On shore the two brothers watched the approaching ship with a sigh. Sato shook his head, reminding himself to tell his mother.

"We were too late." Sato sighed, looking over to Makoto.

"I'm not even surprised that she did it again." Makoto muttered. "Thankfully Shanks got her." Beside him Sato nodded in agreement.

..................................................

"Why am I dressing as Santa?" Shanks frowned, whispering to his sister as she handed him a red suit a smirk on her face.

"Clearly I can't be Santa." Sayomi shrugged, gesturing to her body. "I'm far too good looking and incredibly fit."

The twin blinked, then stomped his foot childishly at his sister. "What are you saying? I'm fit! Are you calling me fat?" When his sister only smirked and didn't move her outstretched hand, he glared. "Sayomi!"

"You're so stupid sometimes." Benn muttered with a sigh. "You'll wake up the kids. Sato's a light sleeper."

Lucky Roo grinned and took the Santa outfit from Sayomi. "Forget Shanks. I'll do it."

Shanks nodded, "Yeah. Lucky would make a perfect Santa."

"The kid's will love me." Lucky Roo looked at Sayomi, who smirked wider. "I bet they will think the world of me. Since Santa is one of the better parts of Christmas-"

"Give me that." Shanks swiped the Santa suit out of Lucky Roo's hands. "I'll be the perfect Santa."

Sayomi smiled sweetly at her brother. "Oh good! Makoto's been excited for Santa. Apparently he said he hasn't been visited by Santa while he was living with his grandparents." The crew didn't miss the sad look that crossed her eyes. "I had to explain that it wasn't that he was on the naughty list, but instead I said that Santa didn't want to out stage his grandparents who were trying their hardest. He took it pretty well, and now he's super excited."