eight

! Don't Forget to Vote !

***

Anastasia Smith

   I had to leave today and Zachery was with me and my family. "Is Oregon nice?" He asked them.

   "There are many places to go there. It's wonderful. You should go sometime." Said Derek. I saw Zach shrug in disappointment. "Are you okay, son?" Derek asked him.

"Yes sir. I just don't think I will ever have a chance to visit there anytime soon. Hopefully, later in the future, I will be able to."

"Why don't you come with us then?" Mom asked. Derek and I looked at each other wide-eyed and my lips held a cheeky grin. "No thank you, ma'am. I don't want to be a father. It's your father's birthday, I would be intruding on a family event."

Zachary had is 'I want to' face on. He made that face when my mom asked if he wanted to get ice cream with our family last night. "Oh please, your face tells us all otherwise."

"Pack your bags son. We are going to Oregon." Derek patted Zach's bag and told him he had till 6. I was already done so I went with Zachery to his place. Which I had never been before.

It was a small apartment. The first thing I noticed was the family picture. I think. There was a woman with long black hair, two identical brothers, and a man with tattoos, a gun, and no smile. None of them had smiles.

"That's my family." He said getting closer to me. By the. He was right behind me.

"That boy right there, " his finger pointed, "That's my twin."

"Where is he?" I asked with caution.

"Dead, " His eyes were on me, I could feel it. "That's what I think at least. He was part of my dad's riot."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

I turn around bumping into him, he looked into my eyes and I felt mysterious. "U-um... Does it get, I don't know, lonely?"

Shrugging he leaves me in the living room while he goes into another room. I could not help but stand there dumbfounded about why I felt that way when he was so intimate.

My eyes landed back on the photo. His mom was beautiful.

"I don't know what to pack.. Can you help?" he peeked out of the room shirtless and his hair messy. After a second of gawking, I nod and go inside his room.

There was nothing. Just a bed. Only a bed and nightstand. A suitcase for clothes and that's it.

"This is all?" He nods. "I did not want my dad's money so I bought what I could with what I could make on my own."

A small smile spread on my face. "I like it."

He gave a weak smile and began showing which clothes were appropriate to bring and which weren't. "Zachery, my grandpa is not a villain. You can wear whatever to please, I can guarantee he will accept you as you are."

His face held a worried look. "Do I need to cover my tattoos? Wear lighter clothes? Maybe see if I have enough money to buy a new wardrobe for the week."