five

! Don't Forget To Vote !

***

Anastasia Smith

   A month has gone and it really just has been me hanging out with Zachery. Violet and the rest of them were all coming to my place today to have a hangout night.

   "Someone's nervous." Zachery was reclining on my sofa consuming the snacks we bought from the gas station. "I think it might be because," My mind was off in a path of idea.

   I had no idea why I was anxious. I pat my forehead a couple of times to get me out of it. "You will be fine, Smith."

   Chuckling, I go into the kitchen to get my phone. Since I forgot to go grocery shopping for substantial food to cook, I decided to go to Hope's Cafe and get everyone their favorite orders instead.

   I didn't know if Meredith and Asher were coming but I got some for them. Just in case.

   Zachary and I didn't order. We had slushies and leftover takeout from last evening to eat from when we were laboring on our Art project. It was creating your monster on paper and answering one suspicion.

   What makes it a monster?

   Zachary drew an all-black figure taller than the tallest tree with sharp teeth and mischievous eyes. I had asked him what makes it a monster, he told me it was because it was scary looking.

   My 'monster' was a little boy with hollow eyes and a ripped bear. "That is an absolute monster." Zach let out. "Is it? It is alarming, yes. But that does not make it a monster. A boy with no visions and a bizarre-looking bear but that is no motive for it so he ordered a monster, you know?"

   Hope had gotten the orders and I sat in my car waiting for it to be given. There was a tiny paper in the sun visor that was falling out.

   I seized it from the sun visor and unfolded it. The date on it read 1.1.19

   My first New Year's with Asher.

   Happy new years
To the girl who will
Always
Have my heart and soul.
Yours forever,

Asher

   I forgot I had the note there.

   There was a tap on my window. Quickly, I slid the note back where it was and took the food from the kind girl who gave it to me. "Thank you! Have a good day."

   With that, I drove off to be met by everyone already there.

   "Ana!" Nate clamored when I arrived at the front door. "I possess the goods." I say. One by one, I pass the food out to everyone and who it belonged to.

   Iced tea with a cream cheese bagel for Loren.

   Macha tea and two cookies for Violet.

   Chocolate milkshake and fries for Nate.

   Coffee milkshake and a chocolate cake pop for Logan.