four

! Don't Forget To Vote !

***

Anastasia Smith

   The next day, Zachery and I were at school, and sadly, our classes were not the same at all. My single class with him was art. Today I discovered he was a horrible drawer but he liked to draw anyways. Said it was 'remedial'.

"This is Zachery Spade. Zach, they are my friends." Emphasis on friends because Asher was there we were most definitely the complete opposite. I might as well call him my arch-nemesis. ''Hey," Zach said calmly.

"I'm Violet."

"I'm Loren."

"What up I am Logan."

"Your accent is sick, I like it. Nate by the way."

"Hello! I am Meredith." Meredith proceeds to shake his hand which caused Asher to get all vexed.

"Asher."

"As you can see, most of them are great people. You will like them." I said while glaring at Asher then smiling back at Zachery.

The bell rang and all of us progressed to our classes. Physical Education was hell, really. "Today we will get into groups to learn social skills. Sorry I am not done planning what to do for the rest of the year. We will officially start Physical Ed next week."

She proceeds to let everyone fall into groups. Everyone but me. I saw Asher and Meredith with Brody and Devin. Everyone else was in groups of four or less. Meanwhile, I sat with my back on the bleachers observing everyone.

Some people took basketballs out from the sports closet and played. All of it felt unreal and odd. "Hey!" Mere called out, "Come join us?" Politely, I shook my head no with a small hand signal making her know it was fine. She smiled at me and walked away. One small glace at Asher, he scoffed and started talking to Meredith once again.

There will always be the smallest part of me that will miss him. But, no matter how right it feels, that does not mean it is actually right. It could be wrong. Wrong for you. Wrong for them. Life is like that and I just don't understand why. Maybe it was the lesson it gave. I already knew the lesson. It's not like that was the first sore heart and empty tears I have had.

Times like this, when I reminisce about these things, I wish my dad was here. Ryder would always hug me when he saw I was sad or upset. Even when I was angry and wanted space, no matter what it was, he would continually give me a tender hug. A single tear fell onto my shirt but the bell rang just in time to prevent me from crying more.

Quickly, I collected my things and go to my next class.

The rest of the days were just lectures and rules. "Anastasia?" Zachery saw me in the hallway leaving the school since the day was over. "You good?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, of course."

"You know, I am not stupid. But I will respect you for not telling me."

Maybe slushies at the gas station were our new thing because we went there and we did not even mean to. "Well, looks like we are gas station partners now." We were standing in front of the front door gawking at the food.

"Looks like it to me. Let's go." Zachery led the way to the slushie machine and we got everything we needed. "Thank you!" I told the cashier.

"Seriously? Paying when I was looking. Sneaky Smith." Laughing, we walked around the town. Another unexpected journey to be in one of the high-class neighborhood. "Wonder what these people have to be sad over," Zachery stated.

"You know, rich or not everyone has something slowly ruining them." I nudge his shoulder. "His hands were held in surrender.

I stopped when I saw who went out of the white house. Asher walked to his car and Meredith slowly followed him. "Hey, Anastasia!" She yelled. Zachery and I waved at her and Asher rolled his eyes. "Asher, can we hang out with them?"

"Oh no," I murmured. "No"

Clearly, he had somewhere better to be.

After about a minute of Meredith begging, he gave in to her request. Both of them trailed beside us and we just walked. "So, what brings you to Seattle Zachery?" The smiling girl asked.

Zachery begins to tell them a complete lie. Saying his parents were on a business trip and that he wanted to find a place of his own. Why did he lie?

It's a sensitive topic to talk about your mom being murdered and your close ones dying.

I reminded myself. "That's cool. All of us grew up here. Believe me, this town is full of crazy people and good food. You wilL also find pretty cool parties- speaking of parties, there is one Saturday night! You guys should come."

"I am sure they have other things to do." Asher snapped.

"Yeah, I don't party I'm sorry," Zachery said straight forward. "Me either. Sorry, Meredith." Meredith smiled and said it was fine. The angry Asher next to her smirked and kept walking. Everything in me is holding back from absolutely going awol at him. What is his problem?

"Some people here are complete assholes, you will find that out soon enough." I snapped while I talked to Zach. Asher was taken back but continued, "You are one to talk. Miss Anastasia Smith here, is a hypocritical bitch who uses her dad and brother to get attention!"

Everything in me hindered. My heart shattered. Tears swelled in my eyes and we were now face to face. I stopped walking and went face to face with him. "You can call me anything and everything you desire. But please- please don't ever bring their names up. You of all people knew even the slightest word about them still hurt me like an open wound. I never thought you would go that low."

The tears spilled from my neck slipping into my shirt. He didn't even look the slightest bit of sorry. There was nothing but a black stare from him.

"Asher.." Meredith began. "Say sorry."

Just another scoff came from him.

"I said say sorry!" Her voice was now raised, she looked disappointed. Asher looked surprised she raised her voice at him. 'Thank you Mere, but it's fine."

I looked at her and smiled.

Maybe no part of me misses him after all.

***

4