Chapter 4 - Home is a Prison

Start from the beginning

Gravity Girl: Well, I am great! I got into the hero course! Class 1-A, you?

Me: Same that means we have a class together that I can tease you in.

Gravity Girl: That is rude, Izuku!

Me: It is only rude if the person I am teasing is a dipwad.

I actually am trying to be appropriate here. Yes, shoot me.

Gravity Girl: That is not very nice.

Me: Trust me, you will change you poor innocent soul soon.

Especially if you are in class with me.

Gravity Girl: I hope not, anyway, it is bedtime! Good night Izuku!

Me: Good night.

Bitch, it's only midnight! Don't normal teenagers stay up till two or some shit? I guess I can't blame her. A girl needs her beauty sleep, especially if she is on her once a month. I can respect a woman for bleeding for a week once a month, so I'm willing to help out there. No need to be embarrassed! Actually, I'm surprised I didn't cause too much trouble in that little chat. It helped a little bit to keep me busy, but thinking about the earlier conversation has me thinking of ways it could have gone. I'm just glad I didn't get angry. I'm considering starting my drinking addiction again heavily. Okay, it was not an addiction. But I still want to drink. It slowed me down before, so I wasn't bouncing off the walls, and I could sleep a couple of hours if I'm lucky. I can't however. Not now. Not after all the bullshit, I went through to get off.

---

I was too far into my head when I sense a scarf coming near me. Unlike normal, I grab it and pull it towards me. It takes me a moment to realize who it is. Shouta recovers quickly as he walks over, noticing my mood very quickly.

"What kind of hell did you crawl out of?" He asked.

"What are you talking about? I'm in it now!" The truth!

"You got the letter from UA, right?" I nod. "You know you get accepted, correct?" Once again, I nod. "What is wrong?"

"Just some complications with my mom." Shouta looks at me, surprised. I never talk about her because she isn't a bad mom. She deals with me for fuck sakes! That takes a whole bunch of invisible balls! I can wish for a better relationship like every other person. However, I guess then another problem would appear because THE WORLD IS TOO COMPLICATED!

"You never talked about your mom."

"She's a good mom. We just disagree in places. For example, she doesn't fully support my dream of becoming a hero, but she is trying." That seems to pique his interest.

"Why?"

"Quirkless. She is a bit protective of me because of how I am. It doesn't help that she is a single woman, so she is one of those helicopter moms."

"Can you blame her for what you do?"

"I couldn't if she knew." Somehow, this seems to get Shouta to fully face me.

"Are you telling me that she doesn't know any of this?"

"Why would she? I'm an overwhelming kid. She has learned to trust me on certain things."

"Isn't this taking advantage of her trust?" That's a bullet to my heart. I never thought of it that way. I may be able to win a battle, but I'm shit at this.

"Oh yeah, probably! Sounds like something I would do!" Better to be honest.

"Are you aware that you are doing such?" Trying to make me out as a sociopath? You're probably right, Shouta!