Chapter 105 - Stuck in Place

Warning: Death idealization, Signs of Depression, Death Talk

- - -

.

.

- - -

Hizashi POV

The past few days have been hard. Honestly, I didn't realize how bad this was going to get. I wish I prepared better for Izuku's sake if nobody else's.

After that incident, Izuku has been quiet. I haven't heard a word from him since, and it's so difficult to get him to react at all.

We stayed in hospital for a couple more days until Recovery Girl heals his ribs up. Once his ribs were good, Izuku got the go to leave. Considering Izuku's mental state, I decided that the best move would be to bring him back to UA. I know that he wanted to wait for Shouta to wake up, but I also know that it won't be for a while. Keeping Izuku there to wait for that long isn't going to help him. When I told Izuku the news, I can tell that he wanted to argue with me, but he lacked the energy to do so.

And that is so scary. To see Izuku go from someone who can't sit still to someone who can hardly move is such a scary transformation. Recovery Girl says that Izuku can get better if he works on it, but I can tell that it's hard for him.

Once we got approval to leave, Izuku chose to walk to the car with us. I don't know how he made it since he looked like he was about to collapse at any moment, but he did. However, the moment he buckled up, he passed out. He didn't wake up at all during the road trip. Once we got to UA, he didn't wake up then either, so I had to carry him to his room and tuck him in.

That's where Izuku has been since. Izuku hasn't tried to get out of bed. He's either been lying there or sleeping like someone who barely exists. He isn't getting better either. I can hardly get him to eat now. He doesn't even bother to look at me anymore. At least at the hospital he reacts.

The worst part is that I don't know how to help him. I know that being there is the most important and making sure that he eats, but is that all I can really do? I just want him to be okay and to open up to me about what is going on inside his head. I don't care what it's about. I just want to help him.

It has been a couple days since we have gotten home from the hospital, and it's around lunchtime. Nemuri brought breakfast to him this morning and had no luck getting him to eat. Therefore, it's my job to get him to eat something. I am truly desperate as I put together a variety of small snacks that I know he likes. They aren't healthy, but Izuku needs to eat. I can worry about how healthy the food is later.

I enter Izuku's dorm with the tray at hand, and it feels so cold. Not literally but figuratively. It's like the energy that was keeping this place alive was sucked away with Izuku.

I ignore that, walk to Izuku's door, and knock, "Izu, I have lunch."

As expected, I don't get a response, "Izuku, I'm coming in."

Once again, nothing. I take a deep breath and open the door to find Izuku still curled up in bed under the blankets. His back is to the door.

It looks like Nemuri left behind her breakfast, which seems to be untouched. I know why since one of the many side effects of him being on the quirk suppressant is a lack of appetite, but it's still frustrating. The kid needs to eat, and he's aware of that. The issue is that he's so damn tired that he just doesn't want to move. Why would you eat if you're not hungry? I will be happy if he gets a nibble down at this point.

I set the tray beside the one already on the table and get to work trying to convince him, "I made a variety of things. I have a sandwich, some soup, ramen- oh, I even threw in a bag of chips. You just need to eat something, kid. It's super important, especially now," Izuku doesn't move, and I keep myself from sighing, "I know you're not hungry. That's one of the side effects for those quirk suppressants. However, you still have to eat."