Chapter 112 - The Pickup

I can't believe it has been a month since I started this project! A month!

Do you know how hard it was to get this place going? Let me tell you!

The easiest part was literally buying the building! After that, it was hell. First, I had to get the building inspected, which is kind of hard when you live in a town that has been overrun by villains. I was originally just going to wait, and I used that time to make a plan for everything. However, they never came, so I threatened them. That got them going. I was basically told the building was shit.

With that information in my pocket, it was time to get it fixed except noone was willing to fix a building that was in a town overrun by villains! This one took a bit more creativity to get going. I had to prove that it was safe for them to work on the building, which it technically wasn't. There wasn't even a hero agency nearby. As soon as that thought went across my head, I went,

'yo what if i make a hero agency nearby?'

This actually worked with my plans better than expected. A shelter is supposed to be safe, so having a hero agency nearby would definitely help make it safe. I didn't plan on building an entire ass hero agency to pull it off, but so fucking be it. The question remains whether I can build a hero agency, and the answer is yes with the Hero Commission's permission!

Well, um, that would take forever.

Sure, I submitted the paperwork for it, and I still haven't received a response on it, but I needed a temporary solution so I can work on my fucking building for gods sake. That's when I discovered that I can technically rent heroes from other hero agencies. That solution will work until I get a hero agency set up. Of course, I then had to figure out which heroes to rent out. I needed heroes that don't have issues with discrimination and are willing to work with me. I interviewed heroes for a full day until I found four heroes that now patrol around the motel.

The safety concern was fixed! It was time to get a construction team only for most of them to be against it still! Thankfully, one team was willing to pull through if I paid extra. Considering my death is soon, I just gave it to them.

FINALLY, SHIT WAS BEING FIXED! What made this team even better was that the company had a license to use their quirks, so that made the process go much faster than you would think.

During the fixing process, I was working on anything that didn't involve the building. More specifically, the paperwork to make this an actual thing. Surprisingly, it went through within only a couple days. I even managed to get a license to allow people to use their quirks if they are under me! Once that was complete, I needed to spread the news about it so I can get to work on the actual operations. AKA, employees.

I think you can take a guess that that step was also difficult. Spreading the news about it was relatively easy. Getting employees was hard because, once again, safety concerns. However, that problem did not last as long as I just added that, not only would they get paid, but they could also get free food and stay here if they want. That got the applications rolling!

After two weeks, the construction team finished! Some people may have considered that the shelter's technical opening because many people, especially people with mutative quirks, had already come to stay due to danger. I'm not a dick, so I let them in at the places that were already done. The reason why it was not the actual opening is because I still operations to set up.

The fantastic news is that the opening is today!...even if there is no official opening because this place was packed quick. It wouldn't make sense to do an opening now. I just finished setting everything up. This would have already been there if people didn't come, but we had to work around them to get them implemented. That's why it's just being finished now.