Chapter 102 - Brutal Irony

Warning: Major Character Death, Vomit, Gore, Blood, Mental Issues

Basically, be careful when reading this chapter.

- - -

"Zashi, can I ask something of you?" Shouta seriously asks while the two are cuddling on the couch.

Hizashi nods, feeling the tension slipping into the air, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing just...I can't say what it is, but something is going to happen soon that involves of all us."

"Sho, that sounds concerning."

"It is. I'm sure you noticed Izuku."

"Yeah, he's definitely more stressed than usual. Is it about that?"

Shouta nods, sighing, "Zashi, I know this is a lot to ask, but...if something happens to me, can you watch over him for me?"

Hizashi's eyes widen, "You know I would do that anyway-"

"I know, but I'm afraid of how he will react if something happens to me now."

"Ah...yeah, I see what you mean. Why are you concerned about it now? You know I would do anything for Tiny Listener."

"With the stress, I'm afraid he's going to make some bad decisions. Very bad decisions."

"That's Izuku alright. But Sho, I promise I will do everything in my power to help him. We're besties, after all!"

"Thanks, Zashi. It...it means a lot."

- - -

Hizashi POV

"Endeavor is down, and Eraserhead is unconscious, close to his death possibly. I need you guys to grab him and get out of here. I'm calling an evacuation. I will handle Shigaraki from here. Eraserhead is just at the edge of another crater if you come in where I left earlier.

Goodbye and stay safe."

"Izuku, don't! Think about this!" I exclaim just as we are finishing the final nomu off. Multiple other heroes are speaking up as well, hoping that Izuku responds to one of them, but we get nothing. I know exactly what just happened, "Damn it, he cut us off!"

"We have to follow his command because we don't know his plan. Send an ambulance for Eraserhead. Everyone else leave," Detective Tsukauchi explains.

Excuse me? We're going to let a child, who just told us that his brother that he heavily relies on got injured heavily (and possibly dead), take the lead? I know they don't know him that well, but they should at least know that Izuku is far from stable right now! If he has a plan, it's reckless! Did him cutting us off not show that?! He literally just relapsed back to that point where he doesn't care what happens to himself!

I already hated this operation as soon as I heard that Izuku was leading it. The kid is talented, but he's 16! Why is he carrying our bullshit?!

I run to the ambulances on the side waiting, "I'm going with them! There's no way in hell I am leaving Izuku by himself!"

"Mic, that's not a good idea and would be considered disobeying-"

"And you think it is to leave Izuku by himself?! I'm not going to get into the middle of their fight, but I have a range quirk that can shove Shigaraki off of Izuku if needed! I don't care if I get hurt! I'm not leaving a child, let alone him, alone!"