[ Chapter 15 : Not That Bad ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I sit down on the log with an awkward silence as the fire in the middle separates between Mr. Zvahl and the both of us. My jacket hanging on the stand as it dries while Laurence just glares at his father who is using his sword as a fire poker on the firewood so it won't go out.

Our weapons are next to us.

" So, Y/n " I look up at him with a hum as I tuck my hair behind my ear.

" How long have you known Laurence? " He asked with a smile.

" Three– "

" Wouldn't you like to know? " Laurence asked as he raise a brow.

I press my lips into a line.

" I know we left things in a wrong way, and now that we've stumble onto each other, why don't you tell me how to make it up? " He place down his sword on the floor and smile at the both of us.

" How can you be so enthusiastic after everything you've done? " Laurence asked.

He sighs.

" I'll admit, I regret it and I am sorry " he said.

Laurence's snicker.

" And that's supposed to bring mother back? " I bite my bottom lip as I just sit here getting warm.

There's that silence again.

" We're just here temporarily " I said.

" Is that so?, I'd say the dead selkiemore was your doing? " He asked, I nodded.

" We just finish the quest and the thunder sort of scared our horses away, it was nice of you to let us stay here for the night " I said.

" I can't just let my son freeze to death and this is not me property, whoever can stay here whenever they want " he said.

" Thank you for the dinner just now it was great " I smile.

" I'm sure Laurence here knows how to cook as well " he said.

" I learn from mother " Laurence said.

" I'm sorry but I couldn't catch your name just now " I said.

" Hayden Zvahl " he said.

" It's nice to meet you " I said.

" I've been meaning to ask you about your hair " he said.

" It's a sensitive subject " Laurence said, I nodded as I stay silent.

" You didn't even let her answer " Hayden said.

" She doesn't have to " Laurence said.

" It happened a year ago and we're most likely not to talk about it " I said, he nodded.

" What are you doing here out alone? " Laurence asked.

" Traveling here and there, I was about to head to the kingdom to finish the quest and it looks like you guys have done it for me " he said.

" Your welcome? " I said awkwardly.

" It was a long day Y/n, why don't you just go to sleep so we can find the horses tomorrow " Laurence said.

" N-now? " I asked.

" Yes " he said.

" Where do we. . . "

" There's extra blankets over there " Hayden gesture his head behind us.

" O-okay " I stood up and walk away