[ Chapter 10 : Ex Fiance ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" I disobeyed my mother and attempted a spell that I shouldn't, it went out of hand she tried to stop it and she went blind after that " I said.

" Guess she never talked to you ever since until now? " He asked, I nodded.

" That's why I left, I couldn't face it " I said.

" And Faye wouldn't stop until you feel the guilt " he said.

" Ding, ding, ding " I said and takes a sip of the milk from my cup.

" I gotta admit, she does make me uncomfortable a little bit " he said.

" She always make sure to be very uncomfortable for anyone who I bring home " I said.

" She's the she devil " he said.

" No, that's me, she's a bitch " I said, he snickers.

" Agree " he said, I roll my eyes away in annoyance.

" Why don't we head down the market, maybe there's something we can get before leaving? " I asked.

" Yeah, sure, I'll go change first " he said, I nodded.

Few minutes of waiting he comes down the stairs with his weapons and my satchel. I stood up and he pass me my satchel, I hang it around my shoulder and he intertwine his hands with mine, we walk out the door together and down the path to a market.

" It's a small town " he said.

" There isn't much here, the Lord wasn't very nice, the law is very strict and most of the people were sent for treason, including my father " I said.

" Why? " He asked.

" A woman was going to be sent for treason for having her child crashing into him during an event here, my father defended the woman and he got beheaded, it was the night of a dance for my marriage " I said.

" Wedding?!, That's why you ran away? " I nodded.

" Is he still around? " He asked, I nodded.

" Apparently, so whatever happens, try not to intervene and don't look " I said.

" We have to do something about that " he said, I shake my head.

" Anyone who rebels get to be executed right at the spot " I said.

" The people are suffering " he said.

" I know, he also has something against magic, so try not to use magic as well " I said.

" How long has this lord been here? " He asked.

" More than three decades " I said.

We continue to walk down the market as we hold hands, talking about random things when we hear horses neighing from the distance. We both turn around to see two horses in the distance with a man with grey hair and dark brown eyes getting off his horse with a guy that has jet black hair and crimson red eyes.

" That's him, Nile Kreston and that's his son, Owen " I said.

" He already looks intimidating " he said.

" They're in patrol " I said and Owen made eye contact with me, I notice him looking at my hair.

I look away.

" Let's go " I grip Laurence's arm and we turn around walking away.

" What's wrong? " He asked.