Chapter 39

MEL POV

Chris and I were on the edge of our seats. We held on to each word the doctor spoke.

"A girl." She smiled with joy. I was so excited and so was Chris. Even though I had bet on a boy, I wanted a girl so bad.

"A girl?" Chris said making sure he heard correctly. I smiled widely at Chris as the doctor confirmed it.

"Yes." She said. She cleaned me up and before I knew it, we were on our way to the car. Chris and I were walking hand in hand like we did when we first started dating, except we had just received the greatest news. We were having baby number two and it was a girl.

"Man, I was so sure it was going to be a boy." I said to Chris, but really mean it. There was no real doubt in my mind that it wouldn't be a boy, so hearing the word 'girl' had my heart skip a beat.

"What can I say, I am a man of wisdom." He did a slight joyful curtsey before we continued to walk. He smiled and kissed my hand passionately. "I was the one who said we shouldn't have bet." He said as we entered the driver's side as I got comfortable in the passenger seat. "I just knew I would win." He said putting the car in drive.

"I guess you were right." I said laughing at how giddy we both were about this little girl on the way.

"Don't worry, I'll still cover lunch." He said laughing knowing me all too well. I was filled with laughter as Chris's hand wrapped around mine once more.

"Oh good, because my carvings are starting." I joked with Chris as he looked over at me.

"Oh no! Pregnant Mel is back!" He said half-jokingly. I truly, hoped this pregnancy wouldn't be as bad as before.

"Hey I'm your wife now, no making fun." I said pretending to be mad.

"That's right. You are wife and that's why I can make fun of you." He said leaning over to kiss me during a red light. I leaned in as our lips collided, driving a spark through my veins.