Chapter 25

Mel POV

It was the night before the wedding and I was staying at my place with Chlyer and my sisters, while Chris stayed at Jeremy's. I got to bed early while the three of them got Oliver to sleep. Although, it felt weird not tucking him in or paying full attention to him, it was relaxing to know he was fine without me doing anything. He was really good for an almost 7-month-old. He slept through the night and usual never fussed for too long.

The next morning was beginning of the most excited, hectic, fun, emotional day of my life.

It started with Ollie waking me up in bed along with my sisters and Chlyer. It was surprising seeing me next to me without me getting him from his crib. I was about to take him from Chlyer and start the morning routine, but she took him away and told me to get ready.

Kristie and Jessica did my makeup. I had ended up finding the perfect dress the day that Chris had predicted which wasn't a shock, he always seemed to be right. I quickly put that on and before I knew it we had to go. Lucky my bride maids were ready and on top of everything. I smiled at all of them as we made our way out the door.

Ollie was so cute in his little suit giggling in Kristie's arms. They wanted to keep him away from me because I would be distracted, but I couldn't resist. He had gotten even more excited when he saw me holding him. I looked down at my beautiful baby boy in my arms. He giggled and giggled. He looked just like Chris. He had his nose, smile, face, laugh, everything that I loved about him. Soon Jessica took him from my lap, and I was alone in my thoughts again.

"What are you thinking about?" Chlyer said catching me gazing out the window of the car.

"Chris." I simply said before looking at her.

"Good answer." She said laughing. Her smile was wide across her face.

"I've never been so sure about something in my life." I told her truthfully. Chris was the one for me, I knew that.

"It's because you love him. You can't picture your life without him. I knew you guys had a connection since the moment you met. Your eyes." She said. She wasn't joking for once she was being honest. "Your eyes grew wide in his presence and I had thought it was just you, but then I looked at Chris. He was the same way. Being around each other, you both became happier people." She paused, thinking, "Now do you have your notes for your vows?" She asked me looking for something in my hands

"I don't need them." I said looking back out the window. I was nervous, but I knew once I saw Chris and it was time for the vows, I'd know what to say. I could feel Chlyer smiling at me.

We finally arrived and Chlyer got out first before I did. She helped me out and It was like hitting a brick wall. I looked up and it was all a reality. We were at the church. Chris was inside waiting probably laughing or talking. This is when my life was about to get a whole lot brighter.

I saw my dad, mom, Kristie, Jessica, Oliver, and Jeremy. They all came toward me. I could help but welcome my mother, who tears were threatening to mess up her makeup, with a hug.

"You look amazing." Jeremy said kissing my cheek. I smiled and thanked him. My dad came next with tears welling in his eyes. His smile was new and genuine.

"My baby girl." He said grabbing my hands. He pulled me in close and said, "I'm so proud of you." These short words worked hard to make my tears fall, "You chose a good one." He backs away as my two sisters hugged me tightly. I looked over at my dad, again and nodded agreeing with him. Then I saw Ollie was in Chlyer's arms and I took him into mine. I messed with his little hairs, so they looked better as he continued to giggle.

"I'll be right behind you." I said to him before giving him to Jessica. Then, everyone walked up the outside steps to the doors. My dad and I stayed behind. We waited until the last two entered. Then, we went up the stairs staring at the doors.

"You ready for this?" My dad said turning to look at me. I turned to face him. His expression was glowing, and it brought me more joy.

"I've never been moreready." I said with excitement trying to hide the small amount nervousness.