Chapter 17

Melissa POV

I feel my eyes become weightless and I can open them. I see bright lights coming from everywhere and it takes me a while to adjust. I lift my head, slightly, but quickly put it back down because it hurts so bad. I see movement from my left, but my vision is still cloudy and blurry. Once the figure comes closer, I see him. Chris, by my side.

"Hey." I can barely get out the words.

"Melissa. How you are feeling?" Chris asks. His expression shows true concern and anguish.

"I'll go tell the doctor that she's awake." I hear a voice say. I couldn't make out who it was.

"Who's that?" I ask Chris. He looks from me to her.

"It's Chelsey. It is okay, stay put." He says stopping me from trying to move around.

"I told you I'm not made of glass." I say laughing referring to of conversation before he left, but I do as he says because honestly my pain only increased with movement.

"But you are a bad driver." He said in the hallway, and I heard his laughter echo as he went father away. I felt a smirk come across my face. He stopped himself in the doorway of my room. I moved my now cold hand that Chris was holding and shift it to my stomach. I wondered if the baby every felt-

"WAIT! The baby?" I asked concerned, tears threatening to come down. Chris instantly looked down to the ground in pain, and then back on me. I felt fear rip through me.

"The baby is okay, but for the rest of your pregnancy you have to stay in the hospital. It's not safe for you or the baby to be to be moving. The doctors said it's important that the nurses monitor you both because of the trauma that you went through." He sighed deeply, "Melissa, you need to be on bedrest, so he has time to heal before he is born." He looked defeated by news but tried to show a smile. It takes a minute for me to process this information, but I feel complete relief knowing the baby was alright. I suddenly realize something that Chris particularly said.

"He?" I ask with tears flooding in my eyes. He looks at me puzzled and realized he had slipped. He instantly shows he a sideways smile

"Mel, I forgot!" He explained frantically, "I know you wanted to be surprised, but the doctor told me, and I-" Chris was about to keep ranting on, but I cut him off.

"No, I'm glad you found out." I feel a small tear fall down my face and a huge smile grows, "We're having a boy." I say crying. Chris sits on the bed instantly and hugs me tightly. I felt laughter escape my mouth and I felt his chest lift up and down with relief.

"We are having a boy!" He said with so much excitement. I let go off him and lifted my head so I can look into his eyes. His brown eyes sparkled before he redirected his glare to my stomach. Chris put his hands on my bump of my belly and leaned down so that his head was just hovering above it. He whispered something that I couldn't hear. Then, he kissed my belly. Chris shifted his body and came close to me.He moved his chair closer so he could hold on to my hand and sit. He grabbed the remote.

"What are you doing?" I asked him a bit annoyed at him.

"Sitting down. Why do you need something?" He asked alarmed, standing ready to do anything.

"I need you." He looked puzzled, so I moved over hoping he'd get the message. "Come here." I told him with a laugh, and a smile appears across his face. He pulled me close to him and I felt at home even though I knew I wouldn't actually be at home for a while.

"Oh, Mel! Freeform is having a Harry Potter marathon." He said turning on the tv, "You want to watch it?" He asks with laughter filling the air, I couldn't help but chime in.

"Is that even a question?" I said laughing as Chris set down the remote.

We sat there like this for a couple of days, just enjoying my favorite, Harry Potter. Chris never left my side even though I believe he was supposed to be on set these days, but he denied it and refused to leave.

It was coming to the end of the weekend and I insisted that he go to work. My mom said she would come stay with me while he was gone. He was hesitant, but after my begging of him to go to work, he finally left.

I spend most of the days in the next couple of months, sleeping or watching movies and at night, Chris would greet me and we'd talk for hours until we both fell asleep. These days were good.