Chapter 9

The next week is usual and casual. It consists of work and dog appointments. I have Farley in the vet every two or three months and Chris thought it would be a good idea to get Drift in during the week too. I took them both myself because Chris had call backs, and that was more important. He was really excited although there isn't much news about roles.

Chris goes in extra early this morning. He thinks it's a test to see if he can hack it. He is pretty confident in front of me, but I know he is worried because he wants the part so bad.

When I wake up he is already gone so I take my time getting ready. I start to have another headache. I run to the bathroom in a hurry. Lucky for me, I make it. I am sick for a couple of minutes and then it goes away. I quickly get ready for work because that mess had just set me back.

When I arrive on set, I feel my stomach turn and sickness falls over me again. I'm about to say hello when I realize I need to run to the bathroom. I sprint into my trailer. I hear Chlyer right behind me. She grabs my hair and pulls it back.

"Another headache?" she asks me with concern.

"Yeah." I say with a sign and sit down with my knees crossed looking up at Chlyer. I felt worse today though.

"I really think you should check this headache thing out. I don't think it's normal." Chlyer said will concern. I sign nothing that she's right, I should have a long time ago.

"I know." I blow my hair out of my face "It's not." I whisper quietly as I get up. "I'll set an appointment this week."

"No." Chlyer said blocking the door, so I couldn't get out and no one could come in. "We are not leaving until you call your doctor and make an appointment, right now." She demanded. She spoke with such sympathy, "It's not okay having no idea why you get these headaches. They are more than just headaches. Melissa, something could be seriously wrong."

"Chlyer I'm-" I say trying to show her I'm fine.

"No, you are not fine." She knew me too well, "I should have made you do this is sooner." She says with a serious tone.

"This is ridiculous." I shrugged off all this seriousness. There was nothing wrong with me. "Can you please move, now?" I say starting to get upset.

"Melissa. I am not moving," She chuckled softly but stayed in defensive, "so you better get your phone out." I sign, knowing she is being a protective sister; but I do as she says and get my phone out.

I call my doctor and schedule an appointment for tomorrow morning. I feel frustrated but also relieved.

"You happy?" I ask her with a laugh. She laughs with me, shifting away from the entrance. I open the door and walk out with her behind me.

"As a matter of fact yes." Chlyer says with some sass. She wraps her arm around me as we walk onto set with laughter, ready to continue our day.