VLOG ↻ FIFTEEN

↻

matsuki was a depressed boy. he couldn't help it. he was diagnosed with depression at a young age and it drove him to the fact that he wanted to kill himself. since grade school, he released his pain by cutting himself. the first couple of times it stung a little, but as time went, seeing blood trickle down his pale, veiny arms was apart of his daily life. it was relaxing in such a weird way.

but that stage is no longer an issue for him. a couple of months ago, he met a group of people not so different from him. he realized that he wasn't the only who had it bad and his new friends helped him reach the point where suicidal thoughts weren't the solution.

the only thing that matsuki had to worry about was being away from his friends. he was at work, a small internet cafe. and if it was one thing that matsuki hated the most, it was the public. now, you may be asking why would suki work here in the first place if he hated the public, well its simply because it was hard trying to get a job in korea that didn't involve working with people.

matsuki was a shy individual and he really did try his best to speak to human beings that had questions at his work place. it was just hard when he had horny teenage girls AND boys try to ask for his number. it was very awkward. but matsuki always rejected them politely, but was kind enough to take a picture with them...awkwardly.

so here matsuki was, at his job, overhearing conversations about him handsome. he tried to not be so flustered by all the compliments he was getting, so he hid his small smiles.

after a couple of minutes of standing around, the cafe started getting crowded with teenagers since school had just let out for the day. matsuki nervously headed to the front desk to where his boss was and waved him a goodbye. his boss gave him a small smile in return.

whenever the place got crowded, matsuki left for the day. he was claustrophobic. he sometimes felt bad for leaving when the cafe started getting busy, but he couldn't be in an environment like that for long. luckily, his boss was kind enough to understand his reasons and let's him go for the day.

matsuki grabbed his thin, gray jacket and headed for the doors. his body made contact with a small gentle push of the wind and he wrapped his arms around himself. it was sticky and wet from previous rainfall, as the city always had bizarre rain showers in the middle of the day.

as he was walking down the street, matsuki threw the hood of his jacket on his head and pulled out earbuds to plug into his phone. soft ballads played in his ear as he looked at his surrounds. the trees were coated with little droplets of rain and the sky was a gloomy gray.

after walking for almost ten minutes, matsuki went into a small antique bookstore. he came in here every single day for three things.

1. he loved reading and learning about anything

2. this place was like his home. the old woman who owns the shop gives him raspberry rice cakes and always asks how his day was.

3. this was the last place where his parents were before they left back to japan without him.

matsuki's parents left him when he graduated from grade school. they told him that they had business back home and would return when everything was finished—but it has been almost four years since then and matsuki knew they weren't coming back.

no, matsuki isn't homeless. he lives with the nanny that took care of him while his parents were still here. surprisingly, his parents haven't forgotten about him because they send him a lot of money every month to survive.

but matsuki doesn't use that money. instead he hides it in a box under his bed. he believes it's guilt money.

"hello, suki!" the old lady greeted, "how was your day?" she pushed the plate of the rice cakes over to matsuki and he gave her small smile.

"it's always the same, halmeoni." he sighed before gobbling down a rice cake. the lady nodded and then gave a quiet gasp. "something came in the mail today for you.." she trailed off, "...it came from kyoto, japan." the woman waddled away looking for the

matsuki's looked up with a frown, "if it is from my parents...i don't want to read it."

halmeoni clicked her tongue, "read it." she slid the small envelope to him and he eyed it wearily. he took a gulp and slowly picked up the letter with shaky hands. matsuki tore the thin paper open and grabbed the letter.

it read:

your appearance is highly requested upon the new arrival of the second heir to kazu empire.

2/5/20

hello and happy new year! i'm a couple of weeks late, but i am truly blessed to have all of you support me and wait patiently my slow ass to update :)

ilygsm 🥺

i'm trying to get better at updating!! i took a break because of writers block with ALL of my stories.
when summer comes, i'll be ready to update like a bitch >:)

and who knows...maybe another applyfic will come out ;))

okay bye bye i wrote this instead of doing homework and making props for my theatre class tmr 🤡