Chapter 21: The Return

Start from the beginning

(A/N): "That was (M/N), you will be moving back home today. Your mother will be here at about five."

(Y/N): "Oh, well, I guess that is to be expected. Moving here wasn't supposed to be a permanent thing after all. I just kind of forgot about it after all that has happened."

     We sat in silence for a bit before I stood up.

(Y/N): "I am going to go tell the other gems that I will be moving away."

     My Aunt nodded as I walked out of the house and made my way to the temple to tell everyone. I entered the temple to see the gems talking by the couch, with Steven sitting on his bed playing games.

(Y/N): "Hello guys. I got some news."

     Steven paused his game as everyone turned to me.

(Y/N): "I am moving back home today."

     Everyone was silent.

Pearl: "Are you sure?"

(Y/N): "Yes, I am sure. My mother called. She will be here in about, four hours."

Pearl: "Well, if you ever need to talk or if something comes up you can always just hop over here."

     I rubbed the back of my neck.

(Y/N): "Yeah, sure. Totally."

Steven: "(Y/N). Is that something you can't do anymore?"

(Y/N): "No, no it's not that. I can still do that, I think, I just, don't like doing it. Not right now."

     Garnet and Pearl slightly nodded.

Amethyst: "Why not, dude? It's, like, super cool."

(Y/N): "Yeah. That's what it is. Cool. Well, I just feel uneasy after what happened."

     Pearl looked as though she noticed something as she squinted and looked at me a little bit.

Pearl: "Um. (Y/N). Is something wrong with your eye? You, uh, you haven't blinked ever since you entered this house."

Steven: "Thaaaaaat's what was unsettling me!"

(Y/N): "I just don't see the use in it. I don't really need to."

Pearl: "(Y/N), can you, close your eye for a second."

(Y/N): "Uh sure."

     I closed my eye, for exactly one second.

(Y/N): "There. One second, that good enough?"

Amethyst: "Somehow, that was even more unsettling."

Pearl: "(Y/N), you know what I meant. What's wrong?"

(Y/N): "It's nothing."

     As we were talking, Garnet had gone around the house closing all blinds and curtains, and then proceeded to flip the light switch, causing the house to go pitch black.

(Y/N): "NOT AGAIN!"

     I shouted as I frantically ran to the light switch and flipped it, my eye wider then ever. I straightened up, relaxed a bit, and we all stood in an awkward silence, the room once again filled with light.

Amethyst: "That was.... intense."

Pearl: "Now (Y/N), would you like to explain that?"

    I stayed silent as I shook my head.

Pearl: "I see."

Garnet: "(Y/N), you know that we are here for you right? We aren't here to judge, and we want to help you. If you need to talk, we are here."

(Y/N): "There's nothing to talk about. Goodbye, for now."

     I walked out of the temple, and went back to (A/N)'s house. I went to my room and saw my luggage I never really unpacked. I guess I was all ready to leave.

         ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

    I was in front of (A/N)'s house, waiting for my Mother to pick me up. Her car had just rounded the corner and pulled up. (M/N) rolled down the window of the passenger's side.

(M/N): "Hello (Y/N), it's so glad to.... (Y/N), what happened to your eypatch? Is everything okay?"

(Y/N): "Oh, right, I forgot about that. A lot of stuff happened. I don't mind it anymore."

(M/N): "Oh, well if you insist. Come on, hop in the car, and let's go home."

     I got in, and we started heading back home. Bar Harbor, Maine.