Chapter 36: Proud of what I have

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

     I stumbled forward and tried to punch Pride when I felt a fist connect with my face, sending me flying backwards. I slowly got up. Pride and Greed ran at me, I closed my eye, and disappeared into my void. I sat and collected my thoughts. I don't have to deal with this. I can just leave.

Haunting Voice: "Oh please. If you leave, then you will never figure out how to handle me. Or how Wrath was able to appear here. That was quite interesting."

(y/n): "Shut up. Wait, what do you mean about Wrath being here?"

Haunting Voice: "Hmm, I didn't realize that you didn't notice. Well then, you really do need their help. Without them, I will be too strong for you to hold back."

     I took a deep breath and focused. My wounds started to disappear as I meditated in the darkness. What should I do? I don't want to reveal all my cards to them, and they already know a good amount about me because of that Envy. I guess I will just have to come up with new tricks while I am in mid battle. I lifted my head and stood up, appearing in the Arena again on the other side.

Greed: "Where did they go? Did they run away?"

Pride: "That ability of their's is very interesting, and I bet it can come in handy quite often. Though I doubt they would run, isn't that right?"

      Pride turned around to face me with a smile. I refused to partake in chit chat with them. I started running towards them. First I need to take out Greed, Pride may be stronger, but Greed is still a threat, and the longer I drag out this fight the worse it will get. So I also can't expend too much energy taking her out. I feinted an attack to Pride, my right hand reeled back to strike them, while I discretely got my left hand ready to make a sneaky attack. I felt my confidence and anger inside of me, and I embraced them, letting them grow stronger. After Pride had gotten ready to catch my hand, I made a sudden turn and punched Greed, some fire enhancing my strike. She was hit, though Pride had somehow been prepared for the trick and pushed my arm just enough so that most of my force didn't connect. I then felt Pride's fist connect with my face as I stumble back. Greed tripped me as I had stumbled back and made me fall. She charged me with a knife, and as it approached my face.......

     I stood in front of Pride feinting a strike with my right fist, my left arm ready to strike Greed. I almost frowned when I realized what happened. As I looked closer at this instance of the battle, I could see that Pride's arm wasn't tensed or braced at all, though that could change in a second. They had started to prepare for any real or feint attack, always double guarding.  I did my feint again, but as my fist went toward Greed for a 'real' attack, it wasn't charged or enhanced at all. I felt Pride push my arm, and I used that to spin a bit elbowing Pride in the face with my right arm. The stumbled as I was now able to perform a real attack on Greed, this punch was enhanced with flame. Greed fell backwards with a smoking face. Pride looked at me, with a smile on their face, but anger in their eyes.

Pride: "That is quite interesting. Feinting an attack, so that you can feint, and use my attack against me. I never took you for one who would prepare so much, or make such a complicated attack. It's almost like you had extra time during that moment to come up with your attack. And while I am one for preparing in battle, that was a little, too prepared."

     I ignored their words and I jumped forward toward them, they fully braced for a strike as I teleported to Greed and gave them another fist full of fire, their head hitting the concrete ground pretty hard. Knocking them out.

Pride: "You are really annoying you know that?"

     I got up a bit more relaxed now that I only had to focus on a single enemy. Pride saw this and got a little more upset.