Chapter 21: The Return

~~~ Pearl's POV ~~~

     As we watched (Y/N) rush into the temple, I turned to the rest of the group.

Pearl: "There might be something wrong with (Y/N). They said they were alone for years in that place. In solitude, the human mind slowly deteriorates. The length of time a person can stay alone and be sane does very depending on the individual and environment but it can't be more than a year for sure. If they were alone for months to years at a time, then it is a miracle that they are talking and walking around."

Steven: "Really?"

Pearl: "These studies were conducted fairly recently. And the first designs of the human zoo did cause the humans to show similar behaviors to the study descriptions."

     We all looked up at the temple doors.

          ~~~ (Y/N)'s POV ~~~

     After having a large meal, I opened the doors to the Temple and started to walk to my Aunt's house. The gems saw me walk by.

Pearl: "(Y/N)? Where are you going?"

(Y/N): "To my Aunt's, she's probably worried sick. See you guys in a bit."

     I made it to my Aunt's house and knocked on the door. (A/N) opened the door and sighed in relief when she saw me.

(A/N): "I am glad you're safe. How was the, adventure?"

(Y/N): "It was, a lot. Very intense. But, it is done, mostly."

(A/N): "Mostly?"

(Y/N): "Yes well. Something happened that did leave a bit of a lasting effect, but it is fading, slowly but surely."

(A/N): "What is it?"

(Y/N): "Well. Something happened that you probably would not have approved of, of course mom and dad would also be worried if they found out about what happened."

(A/N): "What, happened?"

(Y/N): "Well. There was a gem, who didn't like Steven, Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet, and I. And, well, I fought her, took her weapon, and defeated her with it, but then I got myself a bit with it too."

(A/N): "You cut yourself!?"

(Y/N): "No, not cut, this was a light weapon, the blade was literally made of some sort of light used to destabilize and reset gems. Memories, abilities, everything set back to zero. Now, as a half human, I was immune to the memory wipe portion of the weapon, but, ever since I got myself, my abilities have been very, unstable."

(A/N): "Unstable how?"

(Y/N): "Well to explain that, I would first have to talk about my abilities. And it would make things easier to also show you my abilities, but unfortunately that will not be an option."

(A/N): "Well, in this world of impossibilities, then I guess it best to get everything out int he open. I will adjust. You are you, and that is all that matters."

(Y/N): "Well okay then. I will start with the basics. Then the more complicated stuff."

     I first explained my weapons, then the abilities I got thanks to the gems, then I went into my aura, and my expanse of abilities.

(A/N): "Well, this is, a lot. So, you are having difficulties? Do you think your abilities are gone?"

(Y/N): "I thought that at first, but they are definitely coming back, just slowly. I am just glad I am not stuck in that void anymore."

     As my Aunt was about to ask a question, the phone rang in the other room. She got up and answered it.

     I sat on the couch as I waited, deciding to close my eye and meditated. I started to get uncomfortable with my eye closed, the darkness reminding me of the void I was stuck in. I continued to meditate with my eye open, until (A/N) entered the room again.