Chapter 40: Center Stage

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~

          I looked at Pride as I felt my vision start to become tinted lightly orange. A feeling of hunger started to slowly form in my stomach.

(Y/N): "What did you do?"

Pride: "Oh, looks like someone is going to have some fun."

         I felt my mouth start to drip with saliva, and my jaw suddenly hurt, my mouth uncomfortable.

Lust: "They're transforming quite quickly don't you think?"

Pride: "Just wait for it. Soon hunger won't be the only problem they will be having."

(Y/N): "How dare you! You had NO right to go there!"

Lust: "Oh Pride, you didn't."

Pride: "Oh you know it."

          My vision started to swirl with orange and purple. I had trouble bending my back as my back seemed to want to stay fixed in an upright, straightened position. They had no right. Invading my space, my soul. Desecrating it. They need to pay. I activated my black hole form.

Pride: "Oh, want to go again so soon? I don't think you want to do that."

          I took out my hammer, it had a larger head, and seemed to have spikes. On the side of the head was a toothy grin designed on it. Everyone seemed to be interested in the unique look of the weapon.

Pride: "Now that. That is a weapon fit for a sin."

          Their left eye turned green again as they formed my regular warhammer.

Pride: "Why does mine look so dull?"

          As they frowned at the hammer, I swung mine at their head. Wrath tried to intervene, but got stuck in my condensed aura. Pride saw me and copied my black hole form and took the swing. Suddenly they were standing next to me smiling, ready to swing. Exhausted my aura started to fade.

Pride: "I see. So it is similar. Maybe you were the real Gluttony this whole time."

          They swung and hit just as my aura went out, slamming me into a wall. Suddenly Pride started to breath heavily and fall to their knees, as if they were just winded.

Pride: "O-oh. T-that is.... draining. So... You're durability. Is just from. You using, your abilities."

          They took in another deep breath and got up. I started to rise again as well. Summoning my bow, but it was larger, and looked like sabretooth fangs. When the arrow appeared it was a purple extravagant design with an exaggerated arrow head. Pride saw this and smiled before taking out my shield. They looked at the small circular shield, and focused. It extended into a large riot shield with a crowned top. The shield became a more royal purple color.

Pride: "Now this is a shield."

|Haunting Voice|: "You can't beat them. Maybe you can. Or not."

           If you are so knowledgeable, how about you beat them. With all they can do, you think you stand a chance? I think for a moment and then smile. Then how about you try. I close my eyes and dissipate my bow. I start to split myself, but this time, I simply separate Gluttony from myself, and let them take over my second self.

(Y/N): "For once you're actually useful."

Gluttony: "This is. I feel.... I don't like this."

Pride: "What did you do? You can just do that?"