Epilogue : I'm Bad. You're Worse.

~~~~~~~~~EPILOGUE~~~~~~~~

I yelp in surprise as someone comes up behind me and lifts me off the ground, turning me around in a circle.

"Hey there, Gorgeous," Jake whispers, enveloping me in a tight hug. I laugh and run my hands slowly through his hair. "Hey you," I smile.

"I missed you," he says softly, pressing his lips to mine. I smile into the kiss, feeling my heartbeat pick up.

When I finally pull away, Jake begins to grumble, annoyed. "That wasn't enough," he groans, attempting to continue.

I pull back further, grinning. "It's only been a week, you know," I reply, pursing my lips thoughtfully.

I'd gotten permission to leave Uni a week early before Christmas Break to stay with Kara and have some time with Natalie.

Jake, on the other hand, hasn't, and had stayed behind, promising to follow once the Break had officially started.

"But it's Christmas Eve," Jake whines, and I laugh, letting him press his lips against mine once more.

We stand there and kiss, letting the world melt away so that it's just us, smiling and laughing and kissing.

Someone clears their throat awkwardly behind us, and we turn to see Kara standing in the doorway, a huge smirk plastered on her face.

"Get a room already," she teases, rolling her eyes. I laugh, pulling away from Jake as he wraps an arm protectively around my waist.

"Come on, guys. Keeping it strictly PG-13 in here," Natalie mutters, walking in after Kara.

Jake laughs, and I grin from ear to ear. "It's nice to finally see you again, Jake," Natalie says mischievously. "Lily just wouldn't shut up about you," Kara finishes, the both of them giggling like hyenas.

I roll my eyes, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks. "Look, if that's all you guys needed-" "Actually, we came to tell you that dinners almost ready," Kara says, smiling one last time before walking out of the room.

"Come on then," Natalie says excitedly, grabbing my wrist and dragging Jake and I out of the living room.

***

"I figured you'd want to open your present alone," Jake says with a grin, standing up from my bed and handing me a small square package wrapped in bright red paper, tied neatly with a white silk bow.

"You figured correctly," I smile, pecking him lightly on the cheek. I slowly rip the paper apart, being careful not to make too much of a mess.

A small midnight blue jewelry box speckled with tiny silver stars falls into my hand.

I grin, wrapping my arms around Jake's neck. "Thank-" Jake chuckles, cutting me off, and pulling my arms off of him.

I furrow my eyebrows, trying to hide my hurt and confusion. "The gift is inside the box, Gorgeous," he smirks. I blush, but turn back to the box in my hand.

I carefully unlatch the lock, gasping once more at the sight that meets my eyes.

My fingers fumble as they pull out a small golden bullet on a thin, short chain. "Jake, this isn't-?"

Jake smiles and nods. I gasp again, taking in the intricate detail.

Instead of the dull silver it used to be, it is now painted a wonderfully bright, gleaming gold, attached to a white golden chain.

The bullet has a small hinge attached to the top, barely visible unless you look very closely.

I lift the top of the bullet, the hinge moving as I do. My eyes widen at the small engraving inside the now hollowed space.

PROPERTY OF JACOB HOLTER

I laugh, knowing full well that he doesn't mean the bullet. "I love it. Thank you," I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I thought you would," he replies, burying his face in my hair and pulling me tighter against him.

I stare at the beautiful bracelet that's now on my wrist, feeling a sharp pang of pain as I remember that night.

"Hey. I want you to have a clean slate from now on." I scowl, crossing my arms.

"Oh, come on. I'm not that bad," he says mischievously, winking. I roll my eyes in response.

"No, actually, I'm bad. You're worse."

Jake chuckles, pulling me in for another kiss.

The world blurs and quiets as I press myself closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :*

I hope you guys liked my little "present." Also, check out my profile, I've got a lot of new stuff going on and I've been writing lots of different things, so yeah. :)

Enjoy your Christmases and New Years!

I'll catch you all in my next book yeah? Check it out, the first book of the winged chronicles trilogy is out (oh.my.god.) and I'm reaaally really excited so please share a lil love and support guys! X

Cheers!

❤ Sofi