Three: Surprise, Surprise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~3~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day passes by uneventfully. I don't see Jake anymore, thank God. (I found out earlier from Natalie's friend's friend that that's his name. He's new.)

I don't bother trying to remember the teacher's names. I'll learn them again in a few days or so anyway.

After school, Natalie insists on driving me home in her new Porsche. She's one of those filthy rich kids with amazing grades who's parents give them whatever they want.

My sister won't even get me a motherfucking phone. Doesn't mean I love her any less, though.

We arrive in five minutes with a lot of time to spare, so we decide to sit on my porch steps for awhile.

I love this old house. The third porch step that squeaks when you stomp on it too hard, the old but sturdy mahogany island in the kitchen that could-probably-hold a horse's weight. And the one bathroom I share with my naggy sister, Kara.

Most people wouldn't be so psyched about that last part, but ah hell. I love annoying my dear big sis.

Natalie and I sit in silence for awhile.

"Hey, I'm picking you up at eight, alright? Be ready," she says suddenly. "Why?" I ask suspiciously.

Knowing Natalie, this can't be good. "You'll see." She grins in self-satisfaction.

"Nat. I fucking hate surprises. Aren't you used to me by now?"

I really do. I hate surprises. Most people love them. Roll around in the excitement of them, even. But not me. Oh! A surprise? Count me the fuck out.

"I know you do. And you know I am. But I'm forcing you anyway. Kara already said yes. It'll be fun, I promise. Wear something nice. And I hope you don't mind getting wet." Natalie says, finally getting up and dusting herself off.

"Nat-" before I can finish, Natalie is off across the street and zooming away in her flashy Porsche.

I sigh resignedly and shake my head. Natalie doesn't exaggerate things, so I suppose I will have to dress nicely for this one.

I pull out the spare key and stick it into the rusty lock, pushing my way gently into my ancient, beloved house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Look I just wanted to clarify: the capitalized words are supposed to be ITALICIZED. But I'm using my iPod, so I can't Italicize anything. Sorry! :(

Hope you guys're liking it! Love ya!

xoxo, Sofi