Thirty Eight: Natural

+PLEASE READ+

Hey guys! So you've almost come to the end. :") thanks so much for all your support and for reading "I'm Bad. You're Worse." I actually have a NEW book out! So ya'll should go onto my profile and check it out. :) I'm really excited about it, so do me a favor and check it out will ya? Thanks so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~39~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear a pained cry from behind me as Jake rushes towards me, quickly wrenching the knife from Theo's grip and watching him fall.  

Two bullets have pierced his chest and the blood is everywhere, staining his pale white skin. His breathing is heavy, getting shallower and shallower by the minute. 

I look around frantically for the culprit, my eyes finally locking on one of Alexander's men. He winks at me and clutches the gun tighter. 

Almost immediately, everyone leaps into action. Alexander begins tackling Luccio with his men flanking him on both sides. 

Theo stops moving a few moments later, his shallow breathing fading into stillness. 

Oh my God, he's dead. 

Oh, God. 

Fuck! 

I'm pulled violently from my thoughts a few seconds later. 

"Duck!" Jake exclaims, to which I respond to immediately. Jake throws a punch, barely missing me as I duck quickly out of the way and watch in awe as Jake and Carmela begin to fight. 

Jake sniggers as Carmela rushes at him, slipping and hitting the ground with a bang when Jake sweeps his foot out under her at the last moment. 

Carmela rises, lips pulled back in an angry snarl.  

I smirk, watching the two, satisfied that I'm finally able to watch Carmela take the pummeling she deserves. 

They kick and dodge and throw punches, Carmela taking each and every vicious blow from Jake. 

Eventually, one of Alexander's men takes over, and Jake rushes back to me. "We have to go," he says urgently, dodging a punch from Luccio and striking back quickly before grabbing my arm and leading me through the turmoil. 

We don't get far before a feel a sharp yank on my hair, and my fist strikes out reflexively, hitting something hard from which a sickening crack emits. 

I turn and come face to face with Carmela, who's holding her now broken nose, the blood flowing continuously. 

I grin and sweep kick her legs out from under her only sparing myself a small glance at my handiwork before rushing back to Jake who's looking at me as if I'm insane. 

"Where'd you learn to-?" "I'm a natural," I reply, grabbing Jake's arm and making for the exit. 

"One more move and I'll shoot," Luccio says, almost lazily, from behind me. 

I turn, unsurprised to find him only a few paces away, his gun aimed firmly at my chest. 

"Lily. Don't move," Jake says out of the corner of his mouth. I nod ever so slightly, feeling my heartbeat pick up. 

"It would do you good not to either, Jacob," a sly voice says.  

I turn as stealthily as I can to see Leo, a huge grin on his face, with his gun pointed straight at Jake's stomach. 

Right when I thought all this bullshit was over. 

Oh, fuck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

OH, FUCK AHAHAHA. Nearly to the end! :") Aww, so excited. Are you guys? So...obviously Lily must live.  

But what about Jake? Hmm. Am I mean enough to kill him off? Or cliché enough to let him live "happily ever after?" You'll see. ;)

Till next time! ❤ 

-Sofi :>