Thirty Two: Our Best

~~~~~~~~~~~~~32~~~~~~~~~~~

"Carmela," I reply coolly. She sniggers, and strides over to me. "So are you going to explain, or...?" I trail off, watching her wearily.

Carmela giggles and takes a handful of my hair, yanking my head back brutally, so that small tears prick my eyes.

"Surprised?" She asks mischievously. "Not at all. I always knew you were an evil bitch," I reply with an eye-roll, trying my hardest to pretend I'm at ease.

How the fuck did Carmela get into the picture?

"You were always so sweet, weren't you? Pet?" She prompts, releasing my hair from her iron grip. "Like sugar. You could turn me into candy," I ramble on sarcastically.

The fact that this woman is technically my mother makes my situation a hundred times worse.

And the fact that I just acknowledged that makes it a billion times worse.

Carmela laughs before kicking me harshly in the shin. I barely flinch, raising an eyebrow.

I have to admit though, with her four-inch heels, it's pretty damn painful, and it takes all I have not to struggle to rip my arms free and bend down to rub my injured shin. That'll leave a mark.

"How did you get in the picture?" I ask, faking a snigger. "Your precious Jacob didn't tell you, darling?" Carmela asks in return, smiling as if she knows something I don't.

Which she obviously does, since she's practically rubbing it in my face. I grit my teeth to keep from screaming.

"Enough with the fucking riddles," I growl. Carmela laughs once more before continuing, "We were all from the same little... Gang, my sweet."

"You? A gang member? Bullshit." I scoff to hide my astonishment. I knew Carmela was evil, but not this evil. This is mental.

"Not a gang. I suppose... A group, you could say," she corrects with a smirk, raising a finger in the air as if she's some kind of teacher.

"What group, then?" I ask, stealing a glance at the Albino. For the past few minutes he's been completely stationary by the door. Almost like a statue.

I'm starting to get a bit anxious, really. He could just jump up and decide to strangle me or something at any moment.

"We kill people for money," Carmela now answers, carelessly waving a hand as if to say it's no big deal.

"So you were assassins?" I ask, my eyes widening. "Yes, we ARE, pet. Jake was one of our best," she says almost wistfully.

Jake used to kill people. For money. He used to kill.

It takes all I have not to start hyperventilating right there. I take a deep breath, trying to focus.

But he doesn't. He stopped.

But only because he got caught.

Was that why he stopped?

Would he still be doing what he was doing now if he hadn't?

The thought makes me cringe. If I get out if this alive, I'm going to be having a very serious talk with Jake.

"So how did they get caught?" I ask, wanting to know the story now after how long Jake's been keeping me in the dark.

"Stupid idiots, really. What twits. They actually got caught twice." "For?" "Doing drugs," Carmela replies with a disgusted expression.

"But Jake said he doesn't-" "He doesn't. But he was... Assisting Leo. They were trafficking it and, in Leo's case, doing drugs on the street." Carmela explains now.

It takes me a moment to process it in my mind. Once I've comprehended the full story, I ask again.

"So why is Leo after Jake?" "Our... Employer wants a job done." Carmela replies, sneering out the word 'employer.'

"And he's one of your best." I finish, trying to disguise my worried expression.

I decide to plow on with my questions. If Jake won't answer them, then my evil, crazy, bitch mother might as well.

"Why-" "Ah, ah, ah," Carmela teases, wagging a finger at me as though I'm a naughty child.

"What?" I ask, nearly forgetting that I'm a captive in the midst of professional killers who could just decide to dispose of me at any time.

"Question time's over, Little Lady," Carmela says, practically dancing over to the Albino and giving him a quick peck on the cheek before slipping out of the room.

The Albino grins evilly, taking a small step towards me.

I gulp, clenching my bound hands into tight fists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WAHH! Help! Where's Jake?!?!

Okay! So, yeah, total twist. Carmela-Lily's bitch Mom- is an assassin. WOAHH. :O

Don't ask me how I came up with it, it just popped up. :D Hahaha.

SOOO...

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE, FAN ❤

I LOVE YOUR FACE! =)))

-Sofi :*